E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been considering getting some Umnitza Phosphyre WP halos. I have been looking at pictures that have really got my pumped on the Phosphyre version but in some pictures/videos I have seen the lights look so bright you can't even see the inside of the headlight. Other images I've seen you can distinctly see the rings and it looks like a totally different effect??

Can someone with the halos comment on the look and brightness of the Phosphyres. I got a classy sort of look going on so I dont wanna put anything on my car that's too ricey. let me know your opinions.

Thanks

MG

·
Mod Squad
10,009 Posts
Here's a picture of mine in broad daylight:

I don't think they're that bright. I don't know if Umnitza still offers a dimmer or not, but it shouldn't be too hard to incorporate if they don't.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I was wondering the same thing. I have a friend who has WP phosphire halos and at night they look pretty sinister with just those on. They aren't too overpowering, but I wish I could dial it back in some instances if I were to own them. They look waaaay too bright in a lot of pics. This is all i know from the few times i have seen his halos. It wasn't perfect, but way better than the pics.

·
Banned
7,997 Posts
tdoyledesign said:
They actually look much like the sig above my last post. Also what is the tape you are talking about doing to the lights?
Putting metal tape behind the enhanced halos to get rid off the "eye ball" effect. Do a search and it should come up

·
Registered
833 Posts
vaio76109 said:
Putting metal tape behind the enhanced halos to get rid off the "eye ball" effect. Do a search and it should come up
Not too bright at all. Like everyone said, do the "tape mode" and it won't light up your whole headlight

1 - 11 of 11 Posts