E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody noticed how awful the floor mats are? BMW cost cut and decided not to put any rubber spikes on the back of them, so that they would never stay in place and not stay up on the footwells. So I tried to fix the problem with velcro, but that only ripped up the foam back of the mats. Now they have some slick duct tape on the back. I need help

·
unregistered user
791 Posts
Yeah the factory carpet mats have those little screw type things in the corners that hold them down....and the factory rubber mats have pegs that fit into those holes in the floor. Not sure what you have but mine stay put.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i see i see

ok i bought this car from carmax cause of their good rep and the low 20k mi on it but their "inspection" is bs cause several obvious problems with the car on supposedly inspected parts. so i guess they took out the pegs...gotta get me some of those

·
Banned
1,992 Posts
Mine didn't come with any special fastenings. But, the material on the bottom is some fabric (sorta like a sponge material) that grips the carpet really tightly. In the year that I've had the car, it hasn't moved yet. Course, I also have a custom clear mat over them so my feet never really get a chance to grip and push against the actual floormats.

·
Banned
578 Posts
i don't know where the hell you guys are getting your bmws but...mine came with these really nice mats and on the bottom they have 2 velcrow pads that attach to to other pads quite firmly...they go into the floor and when you twist them they will lock in place....i do have a 04 though which may be the difference....passager are the same way...good luck anyway

·
Banned
578 Posts
218_m3 said:
maybe ur floor mates are from autozone
unless the dealership is shopping at autozone....i know they aren't from there....they are the OEM mats that have say BMW where your heels go...along with that little pad there...are yours from there or something? :rolleyes:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I have the fastenable floor mats as well. Actually, I got two sets with mine--one of them the rubber all-weather type because it was raining when I picked up the car and my CA threw them in for me. I've never put in the carpet mats, 'cause the all-weather ones are awesome and easy to clean.

·
Registered
381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
mats

mine are def OEM and they DO have those velcro pads on the mats but nothing on the floor...the velcro on the mat doesnt stick to any kind of velcro i tried and nobody say did you use the right side of the velcro cause that wouldnt even be funny. i bet if i go to the dealer they will want $75 for a peg or velcro or something god i hate the dealer

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.