E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you own a windscreen? Are they worth the investment? Do you use it much? Are they effective? i'm thinking about buying one, and appreciate your feedback....

·
Registered
46 Posts
I have two verts. Never drive either one without the windscreen. It makes a world of difference. You can actually listen to music while driving and talk to the passenger and hear what their saying. Enough said, go buy yourself a windscreen.

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
I have two verts. Never drive either one without the windscreen. It makes a world of difference. You can actually listen to music while driving and talk to the passenger and hear what their saying. Enough said, go buy yourself a windscreen.
This too^^^^ I forgot all about the conversation factor...

·
Registered
484 Posts
Get one, you'll love it. No more complaining to put the top up from women with long hair.... ;) Got mine in mint condition w/bag $200
Sorry to jump in...where did you purchase yours from? $200 seems very reasonable.

Also...when in the car does it cut off access to the back? Have a kid with seat in the back.

- Danny

·
Registered
2,028 Posts
Sorry to jump in...where did you purchase yours from? $200 seems very reasonable.

Also...when in the car does it cut off access to the back? Have a kid with seat in the back.

- Danny
Craigslist. This guy from Port Washington traded his '05 in and BMW wouldnt give him anything on the windscreen so he decided to sell it on craigslist. His loss my gain...:D

·
Registered
333 Posts
The main thing about the wind breaker for me is that it allows more comfort in marginal top down weather. It keeps the heated air in the cabin better.

Keep an eye open for a used one. I got mine off of CL for $200.

·
Registered
65 Posts
keep a eye on ebay not sure if they are as cheap where you are but i got mine for £40.
average here is £120

·
Registered
1,170 Posts
Do it. Every once in awhile you'll see one on sale here. Yes, it turns it into a 2 seater but it's not hard to put in and out... a little bit of a hassle but easy.

·
Banned
1,059 Posts
The windscreen turns it into an instant 2 seater...
...agree.

and, they're BUTT. Chops a 'vert's lines right in half. I'll never get one. I can hear my tunes fine. I love WIND. My opinion.

PS. And, for me,...I know it'd turn into a garage dust collector.

·
Registered
89 Posts
...agree.

and, they're BUTT. Chops a 'vert's lines right in half. I'll never get one. I can hear my tunes fine. I love WIND. My opinion.

PS. And, for me,...I know it'd turn into a garage dust collector.
I have had a windscreen from 'day 1', just 'in case of need'. It's great to reduce wind turbulence (does so very well) and reduce the surrounding noise. As mentioned higher up, it also keep the cabin more calm and snug, since there is less wind to whisk away the heat (if you are in 'heating' mode). Yes, particularly great when women with longer hair ride in the car, since their hair is less tangled up. Since I am no longer with my long-haired girlfriend, I much prefer to drive without the windscreen: I enjoy the wind and the general feel of a convertible which is muted when with windscreen. Bottom line: If wind turbulence and noise and heating loss bother you, use it. Otherwise, you can do without. And, yes, it straddles across the rear seats about half-way between the front seats and the back of the rear seats, so the back seats can only be used for packages (non-human!).

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
The main thing about the wind breaker for me is that it allows more comfort in marginal top down weather. It keeps the heated air in the cabin better.
Agreed!

It also makes the drive way more enjoyable. Too much wind turbulence at highway speeds without it.

Mine has only been removed to clean the interior, it's a necessity!

I never thought it looked ugly, nor do I think it ruins the lines of the car. I actually think the opposite.....

·
Registered
2 Posts
Get one, you'll love it. No more complaining to put the top up from women with long hair.... ;)

lol I thought I was the only one that had to listen to women ***** and moan about their hair when putting the top down... My girl was pissed the other day when I dropped the top and floored it on the freeway.

She looked like raggedy Ann by the end of the trip... but my hair was fine. :dunno:

1 - 20 of 44 Posts