BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
your commute was only 1.5 miles each way. I went from a long a$$ commute, to super short one.

I love cars, and love to drive, but for some reason common sense is kicking in.

Any thoughts?

SHICKS

·
Registered
519 Posts
Well it would only mean your bimmer's warranty would last longer :p A lot of people on this board use their bimmers for sunday cruises and what not, but if you're usin it like a daly driver then thats a question for you to answer. My commute is 6 minutes evryday, but I'm always driving other places as well. I have 8,000 miles on the car and it isn't even half a year old.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I am a car nut, in a year I am sure I will want to get something else. Your right about the warranty and the resale value. I have another daily driver, 2002 4Runner, my girlfriend loves that, so I was thinking of finnaly taking the plunge and getting an E46.

·
Registered
5,014 Posts
of course and I would get m3 because its less miles, plus your gonna take trips and go other places so you will use more miles

·
Der Meisterstück
2,495 Posts
Then take your E46 out on the track on weekends. FLEX its MUSCLES! Its still a fun car regardless youre driving 1 mile or 50 miles a day!

·
I'm not a bum, I'm a nomad
994 Posts
I dont see what the question is. If you want one why wouldn't you? Miles would not be an issue with such a short commute.... Go for it:thumbup:

·
Under Worked and Over Paid
646 Posts
my commute to work is 2 miles... but I've put 25K on mine since Febuary 15! So hell yeah I'd get one and ride the sh!t out of it.

·
Registered
843 Posts
SHICKS said:
your commute was only 1.5 miles each way. I went from a long a$$ commute, to super short one.

I love cars, and love to drive, but for some reason common sense is kicking in.

Any thoughts?

SHICKS
ya go get a civic

·
Registered
762 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Re: Re: Would you buy an E46 if?

SL500 said:
ya go get a civic
I driving a POS 97 Accord now. But it get me A to B. Yes I dream about 3ers all night, but I am having trouble justifying it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Just look at it this way, most people put all of their miles driving to work. But with the short drive you will be able to drive more on weekends. My drive is 9 miles a day after 4 years I have only 30k miles. I have driven on long road trips too.

·
has 1 FLY Ci
2,026 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Would you buy an E46 if?

SHICKS said:

I driving a POS 97 Accord now. But it get me A to B. Yes I dream about 3ers all night, but I am having trouble justifying it.
just make that dream happen. just get a stick and a 330 and you wont regret it

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
I drive about 50 miles total a day to school. :banghead:. Had my car for just about a month with 2000 miles on it.

·
Registered
459 Posts
If you need to justify it, move further from work, or find another job :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts