E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All the constant discussion on almost every automotive forum has threads that compare these two on a regular basis.

My question is, why not use both at the same time? Why compromise? My only concern would be that the might set each other off. Anyone try this yet?

Just for the record, I use the Passport 8500, and it sabed me twice last night.

·
'a certain moderator'
34,496 Posts
they might interfere witheach other. good choice with the passport, dont let those V1 devils sway you :D :evil:

4,171 Posts
Many detectors will get false readings if another detector is located too close.

The best detectors available have excellent shielding that limts or prevents this problem (it used to be a problem between two cars!).

Howver, the V1 is two detectors in one - it actually has two radar antennas within the same box. They make this quite clear on the first page of their website after the opening page:

http://www.valentine1.com/home.asp

I won't get into another "Valentine vs. Passport" debate here, but I'll let you guess which company's product is in two of my personal cars.

- Rob

·
Registered
35 Posts
I've used a v1 and a k40 (don't ask I don't know what it is) at the same time before. They did not conflict but the k40 was significantly more sensitive than the k40.

(I still don't know why my dad put a k40 in his porsche)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts