E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking around and found some Porsche brake calipers and was wondering if I could get them to fit onto my car? What specs do I got to look for and such? The calipers are made by brembos

·
Registered
352 Posts
Check the rotor size for the calipers you would like to use. Also make sure the calipers have a BMW fitting for the brake line (they should).

But why don't you get Brembos for a BMW (Brembo makes kits for our cars), then you know they will fit and the the calipers won't say Porsche.

·
Registered
186 Posts
ecis sells porsche brake kit for bmw. It's 996 calipers with front m3 euro rotors and rear 740i rotors, correct me if I'm wrong. You will need special bracket, and that's it!

Cost much less than the majority of the BBK

·
Registered
196 Posts
If I was going to purchase a kit, this would be on the top of my list. My friend has similar porsche brakes running on his Audi (over 400bhp), and they are amazing.

Personally I think this is the best bang for the buck out there... finding replacement parts is easy. They have more than enough stopping power for most applications.

I'm not really sure if you can get this type of performance for this price anywhere else. UUC kits are well priced, but I don't know how they perform when compared to these.

When I upgrade my brakes, this is the route I will be taking.

cabana said:
ecis sells porsche brake kit for bmw. It's 996 calipers with front m3 euro rotors and rear 740i rotors, correct me if I'm wrong. You will need special bracket, and that's it!

Cost much less than the majority of the BBK

·
Registered
58 Posts
GQKaMbiZ said:
I was looking around and found some Porsche brake calipers and was wondering if I could get them to fit onto my car? What specs do I got to look for and such? The calipers are made by brembos

Check the ECIS website. the sell the porsche BBK for E46's

1 - 6 of 6 Posts