BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I'm most likely pulling the trigger on this 330CI... There asking $10,900 for it... Its a 2001 with 79k miles.... I am trading my GTI there going to give me decent money for it... Do you guys think that's a fair price?

Only regret I will prob have is that its going to be my first automatic car...

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
omg that interior is to die for.. absolutely love it,, id say its a good price, there are a few same year and more miles going for that price and not as cool of interiors... go for it, just make sure maintenance is all up to date and its clean, only concern is the auto tranny on that year.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
omg that interior is to die for.. absolutely love it,, id say its a good price, there are a few same year and more miles going for that price and not as cool of interiors... go for it, just make sure maintenance is all up to date and its clean, only concern is the auto tranny on that year.
It seems like the car has been taken cared for...

More info on the 01' trans problem?

·
Registered
522 Posts
It's good. Don't worry about automatic.
Soon after automatic trans goes. Do a manual swap.
It's a steptronic so it's not AS bad as a straight slush box. Don't worry OP I'm sure you will enjoy it. But yeah I'm still waiting for mine to go out too :eeps:

If that car is as well taken care of as it seems to be, then that price is pretty fair. But try and see if you can talk the owner down a tiny bit more ;)

·
Registered
825 Posts
Oh and since it is an 01 and a coupe if i remember correctly these are prone to subframe damage. Make sure the subframe is A OK before picking it up

·
Registered
2,331 Posts
^+111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111
And take proper pre-purchase inspection before you take it.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It looks like only 323 and 328 have trans problems... Or am I wrong?
Search and you'll find more info on tranny issues. All the e46 autos have had recorded problems and failures but was less frequent after 02 so still be aware of it

Sent from my HTC evo 4G using Bimmer app

·
Registered
1,640 Posts
AW... check
IR interior... check
Brushed aluminum trim... check
Sport package... check
Manual tranny... screw it, this thing has too many things going for it... buy it!

·
OEM ///PLUS
2003 M3 6MT Slicktop
23,710 Posts
personally i think that is rather high for an 10+ yr old completely stock 330. add that its an automatic and ugh its as quick as a manual 325ci. :eek:
driver's seat appears worn and looks to be missing the driver's lower seat cover by the controls. not sure but looks like it doesn't even have the floor mats. makes me concerned this has Not been taken car of.

Oh this is not IR interior for whoever said that. it's called Tanin Red leather and was available with Alpine White. Not as nice as the M3 Napa Imola Red leather.
Also that appears to be Silver trim and not Brushed Aluminum. On my last two E46 Brush Aluminum trim has a black right handle plug for the mirror switch and Silver has a painted silver one like this one.

·
Registered
939 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
personally i think that is rather high for an 10+ yr old completely stock 330. add that its an automatic and ugh its as quick as a manual 325ci. :eek:
driver's seat appears worn and looks to be missing the driver's lower seat cover by the controls. not sure but looks like it doesn't even have the floor mats. makes me concerned this has Not been taken car of.

Oh this is not IR interior for whoever said that. it's called Tanin Red leather and was available with Alpine White. Not as nice as the M3 Napa Imola Red leather.
Also that appears to be Silver trim and not Brushed Aluminum. On my last two E46 Brush Aluminum trim has a black right handle plug for the mirror switch and Silver has a painted silver one like this one.
The car is at a dealer so I'm going to try to work the price down... They put the floor mats in the trunk...

·
Registered
242 Posts
Nice car...if you buy then you MUST do an auto tranny flush, rear differential flush and power steering flush!... and then become an avid e46 fanatic fan.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Alpine White with two-tone interior! :wow: I'll be all over that like flies on sh!t! I was looking (6mos) for a white 330ci but couldn't find any so I settled on Topaz blue. You could probably get him down to $10k.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts