E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I must admit, I am somewhat frustrated, after spending a friggin fortune to have an ICE system in my car, I just think it is not worth it, who is going to watch a DVD in the car, who is going to watch tv in the car, I just realized that a SC would make my day much, but much happier than this DVD, so my piece of advice to y'all that haven't installed it yet is to ask those questions before you commit to it. I think I will part out my car or either get a new one and then no mods other than the ones that I already have, or I am going for an Audi A4 3.0 with Multitronic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I also have found no use for ICE systems...

·
Registered
611 Posts
Well, if you show your car it'll be good for points, but yeah ICE is indeed overprICEd.

·
Registered
152 Posts
i somewhat agree... of your looking for sounds quality a little here and there is okay but tv screens and all that i think is overdoing it

·
Registered
87 Posts
Munich, I see you are installing a blue tooth hands free kit. Could you give us some more information about that? Just curious... :)

·
The G.O.A.T. is Baccckkkkk!
3,455 Posts
If you show it's a must if your modding on a budget it's not a necessity. But at least 1 TV alway's make's a long trip more tolerable! :thumbup:

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
iDavE46 said:
Munich, I see you are installing a blue tooth hands free kit. Could you give us some more information about that? Just curious... :)
Dave,

I already installed it and it is good stuff, you enter the car, phone recognizes the hands free and when you get a call, if you have the caller name recorded on your phone, I have a T68i, it says the name and the only thing showing is a switch where you can either answer or ignore the call and a volume thing. I got mine from www.expansis.com for 230 +30something for the advanced mute, where you get the reception in stereo, if you want the part #s I can give it to you.

Take care

·
Registered
87 Posts
Munich said:

Dave,

I already installed it and it is good stuff, you enter the car, phone recognizes the hands free and when you get a call, if you have the caller name recorded on your phone, I have a T68i, it says the name and the only thing showing is a switch where you can either answer or ignore the call and a volume thing. I got mine from www.expansis.com for 230 +30something for the advanced mute, where you get the reception in stereo, if you want the part #s I can give it to you.

Take care
Munich,

Thanks for replying so fast! I'm very interested in this kit. I was considering the BMW phone, but it's just so darn expensive. :( 275 sounds better than 1275! Do you have any pictures of the phone installed? Was it hard to install? Was it pretty much plug and play or did you have to hard wire interface it with the BMW? :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
iDavE46 said:

Munich,

Thanks for replying so fast! I'm very interested in this kit. I was considering the BMW phone, but it's just so darn expensive. :( 275 sounds better than 1275! Do you have any pictures of the phone installed? Was it hard to install? Was it pretty much plug and play or did you have to hard wire interface it with the BMW? :)
I am in Mexico City today and I will return home on Thursday, then I am going to post pics, the phone stays in your pocket or briefcase, the only thing that you see exposed is a little switch that in my case I put close to my seat, between the seat and the console, it is neat, the install wasn't hard, it has the speaker connections, the mic connection, a positive a negative and an after keys (accessories) wires, that's all.

·
Registered
54 Posts
does the bluetooth kit work with the steering wheel controls and factory radio? what's the difference between this one and the one bmw is supposedly coming out with?

·
Registered
642 Posts
I know what you are saying..

I saved and bought all the best parts I could find for my Lexus....I have over $1500 in RCA's alone, and when it was all put together..."Im like, is that it?" I never even opened my trunk to people once....and that was a $15,000 system, but then again....my BMW is getting a pretty sweet setup as we speak....VERY sweet....I think it's all in the install.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Munich said:

I am in Mexico City today and I will return home on Thursday, then I am going to post pics, the phone stays in your pocket or briefcase, the only thing that you see exposed is a little switch that in my case I put close to my seat, between the seat and the console, it is neat, the install wasn't hard, it has the speaker connections, the mic connection, a positive a negative and an after keys (accessories) wires, that's all.
Very Interested on the bluetooth as well. Waiting for the pictures.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Munich said:

Dave,

Take care
:eeps: :dunno: Where in this link you find the kit ? (www.expansis.com)
We all know the economy is bad, but for a pharmaceutical company to sell phone Kits is a strech.

·
Registered
451 Posts
If I could get an OEM looking screen in the dash, have the a/c controls moved down below and integrate something like a Traffic Pro and/or Sirius Radio, I'd be happy. I just want an excellent nav system (gyro, GPS and CD) and some great tunes.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
IMO our interior's pretty bland...a simple folding screen does the trick tho :)
I'm also not into ICE...but personally I'd do "stealth" sub/amp install and a screen...nothing too big...as long as it works :)

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
vrracr said:
does the bluetooth kit work with the steering wheel controls and factory radio? what's the difference between this one and the one bmw is supposedly coming out with?
It is a different concept, as you don't have to place your cell anyplace, it stays in your pocket, so you don't have a display to see who is calling, you just hear it for the most used ones as you have to record them, I am not sure about the factory radio, but on mine it mutes it automatically when a call comes in, very handy.
It does not have steering wheels controls either, it is controlled by the little blue (yeah, it looks wonderful on my GTI) so I have to hide it on the bimmer.

·
Registered
886 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
CSHFLW said:
I know what you are saying..

I saved and bought all the best parts I could find for my Lexus....I have over $1500 in RCA's alone, and when it was all put together..."Im like, is that it?" I never even opened my trunk to people once....and that was a $15,000 system, but then again....my BMW is getting a pretty sweet setup as we speak....VERY sweet....I think it's all in the install.
I will tell one thing, if I ever catch myself building an ICE system for another car, I'll beat myself with a stick:tongue: , unless that I get married, get kids, and they want to watch some tv, but I guess that when it happens ICE will be a 900 dollars factory option.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts