BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, my E46 is a 2004 model with N40 engine.
I want to do myself service works and I need a manual for it to know details like for example how much engine oil, dimensions and type of oil filter, spark plugs etc.
Does anyone can help?

·
Registered
770 Posts
You can find copies of manuals online. I bought a Haynes.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Strongly suggest you get the factory workshop manual, along with the ETK illustrated parts catalog and the electronic troubleshooting manual, available on CD from many Ebay vendors for very little money.

·
Registered
205 Posts
I bought a Bentley e46 manual years ago. One of the best and most trusted sources.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi,
Looking at repair manuals on cd/dvd on Ebay it says it supports models 320 and up.Could only find 318i E36 repair manuals on cd/dvd.Im looking for a repair manual on cd/dvd for my 2003 318i Auto E46.
Any suggestions or where to buy on cd/dvd or hard copy for fairly cheap? even a cheap online yearly subscription?

Cheers

·
Registered
95 Posts
I am looking at my TIS on my computer right now and it covers all variants of the E46 from the 316Ci to the M3. This is the one that is included in the CD/DVD that is sold on eBay for about $12.95US.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Hi Jackson 42,
Would you have a link to the one you bought or ones youre referring to on Ebay?
Im in Australia

Cheers

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
2,372 Posts
Yeah Bentley is ok, however the factory is superior in many ways. As a diy person, having the Bentley is handy as it describes procedures a little better for the layperson.

Factory books take getting used to.
For example. Oil filter housing has a part number starting with 11 42.
Group 11 engine. Sub group 42 oil distribution.
Want a labor time? Look at 1142 in the KSD.
Want applicable service bulletins? Again 1142.
Torque spec...11 42 on and on.

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
Yeah Bentley is ok, however the factory is superior in many ways. As a diy person, having the Bentley is handy as it describes procedures a little better for the layperson.
i have the bentley manual and it's not bad. but i find myself going to pelican parts and youtube for better pictures. i found an online pdf version of the factory manual but where to buy a hardcopy?

·
Here to serve y’all
2004 330Ci 85k miles
12,715 Posts
i have the bentley manual and it's not bad. but i find myself going to pelican parts and youtube for better pictures. i found an online pdf version of the factory manual but where to buy a hardcopy?

I have a lightly used hardcopy if you want it. Conversate me...(man, that sounds weird)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts