BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found out that I'm gettin a new Clutch AND Flywheel all under warranty. I've been having a slight chatter when taking off so I took it in and aparently the Flywheel and pressure plate are scorched. He said it's not bad and if I had to pay for it he would just clean up the flywheel but he's replacing all of it under warranty. :D :D :D :D :D
I'll have my car back tomorrow! :D

Also... they're reprogramming my car for Xenons for only $47 (half hour of labor). And that's all I'll be paying. This is the best news I've had in a long time. Just had to share.

Rich

·
Registered
873 Posts
srcstc said:
I just found out that I'm gettin a new Clutch AND Flywheel all under warranty. I've been having a slight chatter when taking off so I took it in and aparently the Flywheel and pressure plate are scorched. He said it's not bad and if I had to pay for it he would just clean up the flywheel but he's replacing all of it under warranty. :D :D :D :D :D
I'll have my car back tomorrow! :D

Also... they're reprogramming my car for Xenons for only $47 (half hour of labor). And that's all I'll be paying. This is the best news I've had in a long time. Just had to share.

Rich
good for you! but what do you mean by "reprogramming" your car for Xenons?:dunno:

·
call me kev :D
6,320 Posts
Re: Re: Wooooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

maynardc said:

good for you! but what do you mean by "reprogramming" your car for Xenons?:dunno:
his car didn't come with xenon originally and he got them afterward, i guess the computer didn't recognize the xenon on his car and was having problem.. so the dealer programmed.. i am sure that's what happened :eeps: :eeps: :D

·
Banned
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Re: Re: Re: Wooooohoooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!

e46boy said:

his car didn't come with xenon originally and he got them afterward, i guess the computer didn't recognize the xenon on his car and was having problem.. so the dealer programmed.. i am sure that's what happened :eeps: :eeps: :D

If you're car didn't come with xenons and you added them, the "headlight out" lights come on. They reprogram the computer to think you have xenons.

·
Banned
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
John from jersey said:
good news Rich:thumbup:

what dealer is this?
Paul Miller

They said that the flywheel and pressure plate were scorched. I asked why and he said probably due to some slippage. He said that it doesn't take much. But the clutch disc had plenty of meat left.

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
na thats not what rich means.... bmw can reprogram any non xenon car to automatically have xenons.... no hardware switch or anything...just needs new programing.

·
call me kev :D
6,320 Posts
bender said:
na thats not what rich means.... bmw can reprogram any non xenon car to automatically have xenons.... no hardware switch or anything...just needs new programing.
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

·
Banned
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
bender said:

Yeah... they fool the computer into thinking you have em. Or they can also reprogram it to not check if your bulbs are out.

·
Registered
644 Posts
bender said:
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

Yes, and they can also reprogram the 323 engine to automatically become an
M3 engine. No hardware switch or anything ... just needs new programming.

·
Banned
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
nullptr said:

Yes, and they can also reprogram the 323 engine to automatically become an
M3 engine. No hardware switch or anything ... just needs new programming.

He means that you don't need a relay if you get xenons, they can reprogram it to see the xenons. Otherwise your car will think the headlight bulbs are out.:rolleyes:

·
Banned
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
simsima325 said:
Nice Rich, congrats! No lightweight flywheel for u?

-brendan

Been thinkin about it but this is so sudden so I don't have time to order the LW flywheel.

·
Rolling on Dubs. Got Boost?
4,622 Posts
That is really good news Rich, nothing beats warrenty :thumbup:

·
'a certain moderator'
38,139 Posts
Glad they didnt try and blame it on the SSK! i could see a dealer doing something like that... completely unfounded.

-brendan

·
Banned
2,199 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
simsima325 said:
Glad they didnt try and blame it on the SSK! i could see a dealer doing something like that... completely unfounded.

-brendan

I had to put the stock back on to make sure they wouldn't. Can't wait to put my SSK back on!

Rich

1 - 19 of 19 Posts