BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i just installed new tires and for a little peace of mind took it to a reputable shop. only the punks (late teens/early twenties) who installed them didn't properly tighten the bolts on my RR and when driving away from the shop my buddy noticed the wheel wobbling quite a bit! i took it back to have them re-tighten the bolts only it's still wobbling, just not nearly as bad!
now, i'm hearing stress/creaking sounds at very low speeds!
i'm assuming damage was caused when i initally drove the car away (drove for good 30minutes) when it was wobbling bad. what could have been damaged?

·
Registered
2,916 Posts
Speaking of teens doing balancing/mounting.

I had same issue and just as I expected, they didn't balance my wheels properly first time.

Take it back in and have balancing checked out first.

·
Banned
924 Posts
Double check the balancing. If the wheels are not cleaned well enough, the balancing weights could fall off.

Your hub could have been damaged. The part is not expensive but takes a couple hours to change out.

·
Registered
56 Posts
so i just installed new tires and for a little peace of mind took it to a reputable shop. only the punks (late teens/early twenties) who installed them didn't properly tighten the bolts on my RR and when driving away from the shop my buddy noticed the wheel wobbling quite a bit! i took it back to have them re-tighten the bolts only it's still wobbling, just not nearly as bad!
now, i'm hearing stress/creaking sounds at very low speeds!
i'm assuming damage was caused when i initally drove the car away (drove for good 30minutes) when it was wobbling bad. what could have been damaged?
Which shop? I live in Vancouver and is due for new tires soon.

Thanks

1 - 5 of 5 Posts