BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i've had my 323i auto for quite sometime. Well i was surprised with a gift! another 323i but Manual and equipped with the sports package. Deff. love the new feel. It has 110K. So today i went around and called a bunch of dealerships to find some maintenance history but could not find any. So im going to start figuring out what needs to be done.

i just had a couple questions

My DSC light sometimes turns on and stays on until i put it in 1st and start driving then doesnt come back on. Is that normal?

Everything was fine until i got on the highway and my Airbag light turned on. Would an indy shop just turn it off for me if there is nothing wrong with the system? i have to get my inspection soon so a bit worried

Any help would be awesome thanks!

ps: what quick easy cheap mods do you recommend for a manual ?

·
Registered
1,016 Posts

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
Hey guys i've had my 323i auto for quite sometime. Well i was surprised with a gift! another 323i but Manual and equipped with the sports package. Deff. love the new feel. It has 110K. So today i went around and called a bunch of dealerships to find some maintenance history but could not find any. So im going to start figuring out what needs to be done.

i just had a couple questions

My DSC light sometimes turns on and stays on until i put it in 1st and start driving then doesnt come back on. Is that normal?

Everything was fine until i got on the highway and my Airbag light turned on. Would an indy shop just turn it off for me if there is nothing wrong with the system? i have to get my inspection soon so a bit worried

Any help would be awesome thanks!

ps: what quick easy cheap mods do you recommend for a manual ?
Yeah, you can just take it to any independent shop and they will usually charge you around $100.00 to turn the light off if its not a larger issue. I would suggest getting a Peake code reader to scan for codes because the computer could very well have some stored codes. That can be taken care of at the independent as well. Just my two and a half cents worth...

·
:D
7,717 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
thanks for all the input guys, i don't have to get my inspection until the end of september so i think i will deff invest on the Peak tool. Are there diff models for diff years? and how much should i be looking to spend on the tool itself. I've seen a couple but keep getting mixed reviews for the cheap ones and the expensive ones.

·
Registered
1,867 Posts
thanks for all the input guys, i don't have to get my inspection until the end of september so i think i will deff invest on the Peak tool. Are there diff models for diff years? and how much should i be looking to spend on the tool itself. I've seen a couple but keep getting mixed reviews for the cheap ones and the expensive ones.
No, there are adapters for different year bimmers. Most E46's have a 20 pin port under the hood, passenger side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts