AVM-P9000 Processor
AVD-6000 Video Display
SDV-P7 Single Unit DVD player
Diamond D5 5.1 Amp
P670 CD Changer
Diamond Hex Speakers for the front
Diamond M3 Speakers for the Rear
Diamond CM3 10D4 Subwoofer

I am planning to install everything but the SDV-P7 which will go in the glove compartment in my trunk and I am a newbie so far, and I got stuck with the amp install kit that needs to be purchased, I don't want to ask my installer as he will try to sell his sheesh to me. Using a sistematic approach, here's my doubts:

1. The devices that needs electrical power from the car battery are:

a. AVM P9000
b. SDV-P7
c. Diamond D5 5.1 Amp

Is this correct?

If so what kind of fuses and distribution blocks do I need?

2. Is it necessary 3 pairs of RCA cables to do this install? If so what is the lenght

3. What capacitors are used for? Is it necessary for this set-up?

If you guys knows an install kit with p/n from Monster or Phoenix Gold please let me know as I prefer to buy something pre-assembled so there is no missing parts.

4. What kind of speaker wires is necessary? Rephrasing, is it necessary those cool and expensive wires or the normal ones the installer has will do the work?

Thanks peeps! :thumbup:

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Oh, I also got the PAC-SWI steering wheel controller, will it work with my set-up?

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
gonna need this one cable from Pioneer(CD-30RGB) connects screen to brain. for the amps 3 sets of rca's going from the 9000r to the amps(so it doenst have to be long). power wire, ground wire(when i was going to a JL 500.1 and JL 300.4 i was gonan use 0 gauge wire into a distrubution block, with 4 gauge coming out going to the two amps) im not familar with your amp so you might need only 4 gauge. if thats the case buy a 4 gauge AMP kit( they should sell them without the rca's) i wouldnt buy/use the rca's packaged in an amp kit(too long and crapy wires) buy some 3-6 ft rca's depending on how far you are gonna mount the 9000r from the amp. and you dont need that long of power wire, ones i have are 1ft long(0 gauge coming form battery) then i have a wafer fuse(inline) then another 4 ft of 0 gauge going into the block then two 4 gauge wires coming to both amps. heres a pic to help you follow the basic power stuff. also im trying to get rid this stuff. looking for about $30, never installed

Attachments

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
bender said:
gonna need this one cable from Pioneer(CD-30RGB) connects screen to brain. for the amps 3 sets of rca's going from the 9000r to the amps(so it doenst have to be long). power wire, ground wire(when i was going to a JL 500.1 and JL 300.4 i was gonan use 0 gauge wire into a distrubution block, with 4 gauge coming out going to the two amps) im not familar with your amp so you might need only 4 gauge. if thats the case buy a 4 gauge AMP kit( they should sell them without the rca's) i wouldnt buy/use the rca's packaged in an amp kit(too long and crapy wires) buy some 3-6 ft rca's depending on how far you are gonna mount the 9000r from the amp. and you dont need that long of power wire, ones i have are 1ft long(0 gauge coming form battery) then i have a wafer fuse(inline) then another 4 ft of 0 gauge going into the block then two 4 gauge wires coming to both amps. heres a pic to help you follow the basic power stuff. also im trying to get rid this stuff. looking for about $30, never installed

What brand is that?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Give me the model number, depending on how much it retails I will take it off your hands.

·
hammer talks like this
4,292 Posts
its a ZEROpoint Series fused distribution block with Diagnostic LED’s (ZBB12) and zeropoint 0 gauge wire and 4 gauge wire.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts