E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all! I am Brand new to the E46 community, i recently purchased my e46 (320ciA 2.2l) now i have a question about the wiring and these in particular, can anyone tell me what these are for? I am trying to find my outdoor temp. Sensor But the connector and everything is missing from the place where it is supposed to be.

·
Premium Member
2003 330cic, 2003 325iT
7,299 Posts
Yes, but follow the harness down and they will separate out. There is a repair kit available for the sensor:

But I would go to a pick n pull with a pair of dikes and clip a used sensor/connector/pigtail off.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes, but follow the harness down and they will separate out. There is a repair kit available for the sensor:

But I would go to a pick n pull with a pair of dikes and clip a used sensor/connector/pigtail off.

Thanks alot!! i will try to follow it the next time i lift my car up but when i checked underneath last time i couldn't find the two wires or anyhing, but now i know what exactly to look for! btw do you know if that missing can have something to do with my cabin heater/ac not functioning properly? whenever i go for a drive after 5/10/20 minutes it just starts to blow out air in pulses it doesn't matter if ac is on/off or if i got in on for heating or ac

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
You need a final stage unit (blower motor speed control) it's a common problem.

Sent from my S61 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I think that is what he is suggesting. It controls the motor and it is a known failure point. It is mildly irritating to replace but not hard.
alright actually i have that part inside the glovebox idk If That’s a new one or an old tho, i might give it a shot replacing it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts