BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,
I have 2000 BMW 323I and I am parking my car for the winter, I have already removed the battery, washed the car and I need to know if I can put a cover over my car, friend of mine told me not to do it, the snow and ice over the cover will damaged the paint, also not sure if I did the right thing by removing the battery or not, need to know what your input is please let me know. Thanks

·
Registered
91 Posts
The secret is in the so called Search Function on this here community.
You will find this ...
Good luck!

·
Registered
2,208 Posts
The referenced thread has some good pointers. Since gas can start to break down in 90 days, using a fuel stablizer is a good idea. Wiping the rubber seals with rubber preservative is a good idea. They also mentioned putting it up on jack stands if you have mice. They can cause big problems if they set up shop over the winter. We had a VW where they chewed through a fuel line hose, and there are other stories. Put the battery on a something to keep it off the concrete floor, and monthly put a charger on it, or leave a trickle charger on it. I've never pumped up the tires for winter storage, however, some people do. I probably wouldn't use a cover for exterior storage, as I've heard that they can trap water between the cover and paint and leave an imprint in the paint, or wind can beat the cover against the paint. I'd be more inclined to put a couple of coats of wax on, and let any snow pile up.

·
Registered
1,060 Posts
I winterize by throwing a coat of wax on and winter tires. Then proceed to drive the hell out of it all winter long. My 323i handles better in the snow than my dad's truck...

:dunno:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts