E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10,806 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone have any good tips on washing your car in the freezing cold? Everytime I try, I can't dry it in time before ice starts to form on the car:banghead: And don't say a car wash cuz even if I wanted to bring it there, I can't clear it with my add-on. So if anyone has any tips, please share. Thanx
-Rich

·
Registered
224 Posts
Speaking of winter washing....I washed my car today, it took a good 2 hours. First, wear about 3 pairs of clothing, so you dont freeze. Second, take some yellow gloves (the kind your mom would use when cleaning out the oven) and wear those.....that way you deal with water and dont freeze. Then start washing your car from the top, and let the water run all over. Wash every section of your car at a time, and keep rinsing. Once your done with the whole car, Rinse it off again, and then to dry it.....USE TWO CLOTHS. THE first one as a wet rag to wipe off the water (there's still gunna be some water on the car) and then the second as a dry rag, to get the remaining water that's not picked up from the first cloth. I did it this way, and it came out nice. Before today's wash, I hadn't washed the car for about 2 or 3 weeks, and from the snow, dirt and salt, it looked as if it was "alpine brown",.....you can finally tell it's ALPINE WHITE again.

Good luck bro
Take care

·
Registered
177 Posts
Use hot water to wash and cold hose water to rinse, that might give u some extra time before the ice melts to get into the garage. The hot water is easier on the hands too:D

·
Registered
174 Posts
I usually to one of the high pressure hose car washes. I use the "no spot rinse" feature and then go on the highway and go like hell. Most of the water will evaporate before it freezes. Sometimes I've had it freeze up, but it doesn't seem to harm anything. Just dry the insides of the door off.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts