E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
637 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Next year I will be moving to Laramie Wyoming for two years. Im curious if my 2000 328i will be able to handle the winters in Laramie Wyoming? Ive allready been out there last spring and there was a bad snow storm. So i would like your opinons on weather i will be able to make it with snow tires and lots carefull driving.

·
Registered
16,599 Posts
you should be alright as long as there are proper snow tires on and you dont drive like an idiot

·
Registered
4,565 Posts
You'll be fine, i've made it through snow in my 328 with summer tires on. Just stay well under the speed limit and learn the differences between lateral grip and braking in the snow.

·
Banned
841 Posts
It seems to me that the two big problems in Wyoming in the winter are visibility and snow drifts. AWD isn't going to help you with either of those. Otherwise, Laramie itself is fairly flat, so you will probably be ok in town. Personally, I'd want AWD living there even if it isn't completely necessary.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Blizzaks and you will be fine. There typically isn't that much snow on the streets to worry about. It melts away pretty fast. Ice will stay for a little while sometimes but its just patches usually. I don't drive my car in the winter but I know several people with rear wheel drive that do fine. Here and there you may get in a little pickle with a big storm but it won't last long.

But yeah, Blizzaks.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Just put on Blizzaks or Nokians, use common sense and you will be fine. I am in Wisconsin and I thought my 325Cic with Nokians drives in snow like it is on rails.

Next year I will be moving to Laramie Wyoming for two years. Im curious if my 2000 328i will be able to handle the winters in Laramie Wyoming? Ive allready been out there last spring and there was a bad snow storm. So i would like your opinons on weather i will be able to make it with snow tires and lots carefull driving.

·
Registered
4,866 Posts
Just put on Blizzaks or Nokians, use common sense and you will be fine. I am in Wisconsin and I thought my 325Cic with Nokians drives in snow like it is on rails.
+1 on Nokian Hakka's.

Blizzaks are a waste of money compared to hakkas

1 - 16 of 16 Posts