BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i live up north in montreal canada. well we got our first snow on the weekend, i was so happy, i wanted to try out my winter tires. and i wanted to see how a rear wheel was in winter especially a bmw. im used to a front wheel. anyway, the car is amazing, DSC works so well. I couldnèt be more pleased. as far as winter tires, i am so impressed with my decision to go with the yokohama AVS V901. they stick so well, on snow, slushy and wet roads seem to be like dry roads with these tires. they are truely amazing, i highly recommend them. as far as finalists on my decision winter tires were good year eagle ultra grip GW3, Toyo Garit HT, Dunlop wintersport M3, and pirelli snowsport 240. all great tires.

so i was wondering what are your driving styles in winter, any tips, or stories you'd like to share. Anything about winter driving.

P.S: driving with DSC and TC off is amazing, especially after you get used to it.:thumbup:

·
Registered
503 Posts
I just got the Blizzak LM-22's; went with a 205/50R17 since thinner is usually better for traction. (Less surface area means more weight concentration) DSC is pretty sick on snow so far...kills my fish tailing around the corner on the driveway though!!!

·
Registered
742 Posts
Mtl_Bimmer:

I'm in Montreal too, and last weekend we didn't get that much snow. You'll have fun once we get our first +15cm snow fall :)

In the winter I drive it at 80% of how I drive in the summer (like i stole it).

·
Registered
268 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no doubt, but it was exciting for me, we got 2-3 inches of snow, cant wait till it really comes though. although south shore got crazy amouts of snow.

also, what kind of winter tires is everyone running, opinions on winter tires would be great, recommendations, reviews, anything.

thanx

·
Registered
968 Posts
I love driving at high speed hydroplaning and fishtailing the whole way. Our first major snow was last night and I was doing donuts in the Hollywood video parking lot.

FUN!

·
www.piratecove.org
3,706 Posts
i'll get some ultra grips or wintersports if my tires on my winter rims dont hold up...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts