BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody know of problems with a V1 picking up radar and laser through rain-sensing windshields? My buddy's V1 used to work great in his '01 330 Ci, then he needed to replace his cracked windshield, and ever since, his V1 works like **it...Horrible range and sometimes doesn't pick up anything...As my '04 M3 should be arriving within the next 4-7 days, I would love to know if my V1 is gonna work?
TIA,

-mike

'04 M3, AW/CIN, SMG, Prem, XEN, H/K

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
probably 2.5 to 3 years

·
call me kev :D
6,320 Posts
works just fine.. rain sensing windshield shouldnt' be different from any other kind.

make sure there are no other interference :dunno:

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
13,182 Posts
just make sure their is

nothing in its way to interfere with it line of site. or certain kind of tint may interfere with the v1. you know the strip they put on top of the windshield. this is a long shot but i thought i would mention it to you.
bobm3 ;) ;)

·
Registered
651 Posts
When he had his windshield it is likely that it was replaced with the comfort from windscreen which has a metallic coating to reflect heat. I may be wrong in this case, but this type of post has appeared a number of times on UK forums where aftermarket GPS or radar equipment has problems after windshield replacement. The problem is also specific to the type of car e.g. you cannot get the comfor windscreen on a convertible with Navigation becuase the Nav Antenna is situated inside the front dash which would block the signal. Whereas on the coupe etc the antenna is mounted in the rear parcel shelf.

He should check with the company/dealer that replaced the windscreen and see if they 'upgraded' his windscreen when they replaced it thinking they were doing him a favour. Normally from an aftermarket purchase point of view the 'comfort' windscreen is almost the same price, even though as a factory option it is £250+.

Hth,
Stuart.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts