BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had my car for 3 months and already have gotten 2 large chips/cracks on my windshield from road rocks. I think this is strange and was wondering if anyone else has had this problem it seems to me these windshields are weak!!!!:banghead:

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
Insurance should cover it!!!

Cuz my friend's S class got chipped too and the insurance replaced it for him!!!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know the ins. will cover but it counts as a claim and I cant have a claim but my question here is the quality of the glass. if alot of people have this problem them it's the glass that is crap I never had this problem in my Lexus....???

·
Registered
170 Posts
Yeah me too, mine chipped a couple of months ago after only driving it for a few months. I still haven't replaced it although i'm sure that my insurance will cover it. soft glass maybe?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Just letting you know that mine also has a small crak in it. Brad.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Yeah, I've had a total of 3 chips and got it replaced once already. This **** is weak.

·
Registered
4,118 Posts
Mine doesn't have any large chips, just all those damn annoying pits ALL over the glass. When you catch a nice shine of sunlight on the windshield, man you can see its like a mine field! :mad: :banghead:

I don't think just the small pits in the glass will be able to get insurance to pay for a new windshield?? :dunno:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts