BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Cleaned the car this morning, including inside of the glass before going out for the day. The car ended up parked in the sunshine for about four hours. When we got back to the car the screen was quite heavily hazy on the inside.

I did clean the inside of the glass with the same water as the rest of the car though, using water with the recommended amount of car wax shampoo. Maybe that was my mistake. I have since washed the inside of the glass with domestic washing up liquid hoping that it should solve the problem. Does anybody know what is the best way to eliminate hazing ?

·
Registered
974 Posts
Did you use a product on the dash? Maybe the sun caused it to give off some form of vapour, clouding your glass.

·
Registered
103 Posts
2nd the above, i have never heard of anyone using car wax shampoo to clean inside of windscreen, i think thats your problem, get some correct glass cleaner and you should be sorted, i have always used autogylm glass polish and never had any problems

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
I had some haze on my inside windshield after using Windex with paper towels. Going out with a cloth to wipe it off. Pain in the a$$.

·
Registered
624 Posts
I've never heard of using your car wash water for the inside of anything on the car.
How did you do that w/ out making a mess on the dash, door panels etc?

Windex is OK
INVISIBLE GLASS is the s%&@....inside and out.
Glass polish is good for the OUTSIDE as needed.

A tip for Invisible Glass-Windex users....instead of a rag or paper towel----NEWSPAPER. I'm not kidding. Leaves 0 streaks.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,741 Posts
+1 on Inv.Glass plus newspaper. If the glass isn't that dirty you can even get away with a microfiber towel, nearly dry but wrung out with just a little regular water.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts