E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Loves cookies
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 325ci and everytime after it rains the windows make a loud squeak on the way up only. Has this happen to anybody? What causes this and how to get rid of it.

·
Registered
271 Posts
double vanos..do you have tinted windows. My dealer is blaming the tint which is bunch of crap..... I feel like just taking the tint off to prove them wrong. Becuase I know it squeak too when it is wet outside before I got my tint.

·
Loves cookies
1,531 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
windows squeaking

yes i have tinted windows, and i have heard that too. I used to have a lexus es300 and after i tinted the windows they started squeaking too. I tried putting armor all on the black rubber trim and that work for a while but it seem to dry out in a few days. i heard that there is some bmw gummy stuff that goes on the black rubber trim to protect it, i will soon try that out.:dunno:

·
Registered
380 Posts
I don't have tints, and I got the squeaking at one point. Dealer "lubricated" something in the windows. It's good now.

But, there's lot's of info stating that this is the precursor to the window regulator breaking, leaving the window stuck wherever it was at that moment. There is a BMW tsb on it too.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.