BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, Maybe someone can help. 2002 325ci drivers side rear window sometimes it works fine and then again it will only go half way up or so. It makes no noise when it doesnt want to work. Switch has been replaced. Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Rear window sticking

Does anyone have any input on this issue? I think I have a similar issue and would like to keep the convo going on the same thread.

My rear passenger window (2004 330CI convertible) will move down and then slow down and stick/stop about 3/4 of the way down. At first another try would see it slow and then jump past the tight spot and complete the roll down, or I could put a hand on top and help it all the way down while pressing the button. But now The trim piece on the front of the rear window has actually started to slide up the window and break at the top.

I have not taken off the interior panel yet to see what is causing the interference, I think it is more mechanical than the actuator problem everyone else seems to talk about. Has anyone seen this problem? hoping to have an idea of what needs to be doen before going through all the work of removing rear seats/panels to access the window mechanism.

Thanks!

·
Registered
126 Posts
There are a couple of issues to check. First you mention switch, the switch you press to activate the Windows is likely not it. I believe there is a relay you could change or check. Also, I have noticed on mine that rubber can get dried out and effect the window from going up or down. I just lubricate it and it works fine.

Sent from my iPhone using E46Fanatics

1 - 3 of 3 Posts