BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Ballin'
2,443 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Window Easher Nozzle is F*cked...

The passenger side seems to be ok, but on the driver side, one sprays pratically on the roof, and the other sprays the very bottom of the windshield?

How do i fix this. Physically it looks ok, should i just try cleaning the nozzle?

·
Registered
129 Posts
It is not a clogged nozzle. I had the same problem and you need a tiny, tiny, tiny set of jeweler's needle nose pliers to grasp the tip of the little steel nozzle that the spray comes out of.

Carefully wiggle it until you can very easily move it into position.

Spray the windshield to determine position and repeat until it hits where you want.

Under no circumstances should you ever stick anything into the tip of the steel nozzle.:cry: :mad:

5 minute fix!:thumbup:

·
Registered
129 Posts
Don't really know how. One day it was shooting over the roof of my car and onto the guy behind me, kind of a neat trick if you ask me.

Actually, I think it happened when it was being washed/waxed.

·
Registered
312 Posts
No flame intended

Never grab that little turret with a pair of pliers you will rough the turret up and you will not be able to adjust it properly.Some times a little bit of wax or dirt gets into the hole and to get it out and also adjust the turret to give you the right spray on your windshield take a small sewing needle and place it in the hole.You can clear the hole if anything is in it and also move the turret in the right direction to spray on the windshield. Again no flame intended.
good luck
vern

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Yup, definitely don't use pliers. I used a needle to adjust my passenger one, the needle snapping off in the hole wasn't something that occured to me might happen because it was very easy to move and the needle hardly bent at all.

Chip-

·
Sofa-king-what
2,028 Posts
pay attention when using a needle!!!!
don't apply to much force..... or you'll (like me) broke a part of it into the hole......

.....and you've to change the entire noozle set :banghead:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
you couldn't get the rest out with a vacuum or compressed air?? I'd just hook one of my paintball hoses up to it....800psi should do the trick :tongue:

Chip-

·
Registered
184 Posts
I am really lazy... I had the dealer readjust it! (it's under warranty, plus I was in for something else anyway... I'm sure they think I'm a total a55 though!) usually though, a small pin, gently applied, can be used to coax it back into position... Probably got out of whack while you were washing the car...

·
Owner
4,045 Posts
That same thing happened to me. My washer fluid was spraying over my roof and landing on my rear window! The dealer fixed it for free. They adjusted the nozzles perfectly so it sprays right onto the windshiled every time.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts