BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Spunkmeister Jay
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tints and what % you used, (for example 5% tint, 50% tint.......) that way we can gauge what its going to look like and what will look good.
Thinking of getting it done, but unsure of what % to ask for.

Go.

:thumbsup:

·
Registered
215 Posts
I am getting mine tinted very soon but I'm not sure either haha. Glad you posted this I was thinking of doing the same.

·
Registered
544 Posts
i would reccommend you stay above 15 percent because when you start to go lower you wont be able to see out of your cars rear window when reversing at night with the reverse lights on or even see out of your windows while driving, so I pretty much have to roll my windows down whenever im in a parking lot or other driving situations where i have to see out of my windows. I got 5 percent on every window, and an 8 inch wide strip of 5 % across the top of my windshield. I also got -15% on my sunroof becuase i removed the slide. If you go as dark as me I would recommend you get a reverse camera if you dont want to be banging into sh*t.

·
Registered
588 Posts
i have 5% and i love how it looks, ive never put anything lighter on any of my cars. but also the cops here are pretty cool about the tint, they have other things to take care of here in a college town. so it all depends on how the cops around your town/city are. o ya and u cant see back at night for sh*t.

Attachments

·
Registered
360 Posts
5% tint so you cant see up in my windows-mike jones but on a more serious note i have always had 5% but then again i live in that dont have any fun driving state known as california so yeah you get pulled over for it. i got 15% this time and havent gotten pulled over yet (fingers crossed) go with 15 for an every day driver

·
Registered
208 Posts
i'm about to get mine tinted too.. can't decide between 20% and 35%, i have an 01' black 330ci and i'm keeping the chrome window trim but going to black headlight trim and smoked corners and signals. 35% is legal limit around here.. boo..

·
Registered
163 Posts
Mine is 15%

I feel that this tint is perfect because it's pretty dark and I'm still able see when I reverse at night.

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
30% here

·
Spunkmeister Jay
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nice one guys, this is great, can anyone show 25% and 50%??

This is really useful to see it on the car!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
I didn't tint my 323i, but it came with horrible tint at about 40% and it looks terrible and everyone can see in. Im definitly getting it all redone soon, I want 15% all around.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't November a bad time to be getting tint? (Or even October-March depending on where you live) I thought cool temperatures, low levels of sunlight, and increased humidity made it hard for the tint to set correctly. :dunno:

·
Registered
57 Posts
I forget the % but I couldn't pass up the chance to post a pic of my car...

The front is whatever the legal limit is in Mass and then I went a little darker in the back.

·
Registered
58 Posts
i would reccommend you stay above 15 percent because when you start to go lower you wont be able to see out of your cars rear window when reversing at night with the reverse lights on or even see out of your windows while driving, so I pretty much have to roll my windows down whenever im in a parking lot or other driving situations where i have to see out of my windows. I got 5 percent on every window, and an 8 inch wide strip of 5 % across the top of my windshield. I also got -15% on my sunroof becuase i removed the slide. If you go as dark as me I would recommend you get a reverse camera if you dont want to be banging into sh*t.
agreed, considering i've already bumped into my brothers car while i was backing up ;[:tsk:

1 - 20 of 50 Posts