E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am getting my windows tinted finally. I have an 02 325i sedan. Anything I should know about before I get the tint. Should there be any special tint I look for. Anyone have tint preferances out there?

Thanks!

·
Registered
311 Posts
Just make sure you get good film. This makes the biggest difference. Go to a tint shop that has been around for a while too. Shops will guarantee their installation for life, so go to a shop you think will be around for a while! The better shops will do the back window in 1 piece and will take the tint right to the edges of your windows... Also look for a lifetime guarantee against fading on the film (so you don't have purple windows after a few years).

I've got Madico Charcool tint (35%) and love it. It's non-metallized so will not mess up your AM reception with the antenna in the back window. This has been a topic of debate and really depends where you live. I've talked to people that have metallized and don't notice a difference, but my AM reception was already crappy where I live so I didn't want to make it worse.

·
INDEED
1,130 Posts
Dre325: where in Seattle did you get your tint done at? And can I ask how much? Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts