E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
110k miles, named her Marixsa, Black Sport Edition, 2004 325i

1.Right rear tail light goes out after fixing the connection
2. Window regulators go out in a carousel fashion frequently all 4 take turns.
3. Best used BMW parts website?. Needs door jam outer frame

·
Registered
133 Posts
your rear taillight might be a ground issue.

all 4 window motors is an unusual. They are unlike the ones in the door, I’m not sure where the window control communication goes I would think that each window is on its own circuit but there may be a module somewhere.

Salvage parts yards can be found at car-part.com

·
Registered
23 Posts
I have used off-brand aftermarket window regulators before, and have ended up having to replace nearly every one. That is a part that I will only use BMW OEM on at this point.

a friend of mine bought an E39 Touring, and had issues as well. Replaced them with genuine BMW parts and they not only have not broken, but they are quicker and smoother, as well.

·
Registered
E30M3 Race F10 535 R1150Rt M Coupe
6,145 Posts
I gave up. Aftermarket, "better than" made better etc.
Genuine from the dealer into my customers cars. I can't F Around.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
110k miles, named her Marixsa, Black Sport Edition.

1.Right rear tail light goes out after fixing the connection
2. Window regulators go out in a carousel fashion frequently all 4 take turns.
3. Best used BMW parts website?. Needs door jam outer frame View attachment 927779
I have used off-brand aftermarket window regulators before, and have ended up having to replace nearly every one. That is a part that I will only use BMW OEM on at this point.

a friend of mine bought an E39 Touring, and had issues as well. Replaced them with genuine BMW parts and they not only have not broken, but they are quicker and smoother, as well.
Where do you buy them?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

What brand OEM? Where did you get them?

·
Registered
2004 330i
7,430 Posts
No issues with uro premium for me

Maybe they have changed i dunno

·
Registered
2003 325i (M54B30 swap)
719 Posts
I feel like as a long term E46 owner, you just get used to have window regulators conk out on you every so often. Since ‘13 (when I bought my car) I’ve replaced probably 6-10 of them with either genuine or uro premium and never really noticed a difference in longevity.
I think in hotter climates (Florida for me) the trim at the top of the window expands and increases the resistance of the window coming down and that’s what does em in so fast.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts