BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
It really was a Rocky story
3,892 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
it says its made for preface lift, but its face lift style...

im just wondering will it work on my 02 sedan?

·
Registered
158 Posts
It fits on 99-01 BMW 3-series E46 4-door only (323i/328i)
Update your BMW E46 tail lights to 02-05 re-styled E46 european look
It says that it is made to fit 99-01 and is designed to resemble 02-05

·
Registered
1,520 Posts
it will fit...but u have to change the plastic peice inside the trunk...I think its called the bulb carrier ( not sure though)

·
Banned
924 Posts
The lights dont seem to come with the backing plate

Go OEM

·
Registered
60 Posts
I couldnt see the link from my work computer but if these are the red/clear/red lens from ebay, do yourself a favor and do not get them. I bought a pair and it triggered my dash warning light for bulbs being out. Then the bulb holder actually melted. They looked o.k. as far as quality but sucked as far as performance. In the end, I bought the LED kit from Umnitza on this site. They were red/clear/red like the face lift and my dash warning lights went back to normal.

·
Registered
429 Posts
I got some like those.you will not be able to use the back plate because the bulbs are already in place so you will end up with a hole where the back plate goes and wires showing. not a nice sight.

So its your choice,

cheap but ugly

or

pricey but looks good inside and out.

·
Registered
6,880 Posts
These won't fit your car. The wiring harness is different. On your car, you have a metal plate that holds your bulbs with a built in connector.

The pre-facelift models have a different connector.....if you really want to make it fit, you can cut off both harnesses and hard-wire each bulb to your existing harness by hand. This is an extreme hack job that is not recommended and will most likely void ur warranty. I'd go with an Umnitza led kit if I were in your place.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts