E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
If someone goes wrong with your xenons, or anything related to your lights, the dealer can EASILY blame it on the angel eyes and your gonna have to pay to have it repaired

·
Nymphomaniac
264 Posts
I don't see why it would, the only warranty you could prob void is the headlights. If the angel eyes damaged the lights in anyway. Also in order to void the warranty they have to prove that the mod caused the defect. Otherwise they will still have to replace ur headlights if something goes wrong.

But I could be wrong.. who knows.

·
In Pursuit of My J.D.
1,766 Posts
If you do get Angel Eyes, and if something does go wrong with your headlights or whatever the Angel Eyes are wired to, just remove the Angel Eyes from your car before you go to the dealer; then they won't know. :dunno:

·
Registered
493 Posts
Good luck. I would say there's almost no way they would honor most repairs to the headlights. I installed the DDE's assuming that I would be out of luck.

You guys who say it won't be a problem obviously don't have DDE/DAE's. You have to remove the entire assembly, take it completely apart, attach a ring to the reflector, drill either a very large hole in the assemble or 4 smaller ones, wire it all up, etc... If nothing else, you've breached a largely sealed unit. In short, I wouldn't bet on it!

·
Site Sponsor
18,128 Posts
Jano is right.
It's only the headlight assembly that gets hurt.
However, if you have a reasonable dealership, it's entirely possible that if your BULB blows on the HID, they'll warranty it.

But, that's only as long as you don't tap into the any part of the auto-level or headlight lead.

But, in short, assume your headlight is no longer warrantied, while your car remains so.

·
Site Sponsor
18,128 Posts
Also, that being said, to reassure you.
I've personally installed now about 50-70 of these.
I've yet to have a situation where anything was detrimental to the headlights' ability to do their job - aka light the road.

·
Registered
4,240 Posts
all this headache for two deformed looking rings around your headlights... i dont think ill ever understand the hype about these dde/dae/angel eyes

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Detrimental effect - headlights can't level up properly and beam throw is not as large. But u get used to it :)

·
Site Sponsor
18,128 Posts
sounds like the beauty ring isn't seated.
Or, the auto-level was not reset prior to reinstall:)

Email me and I'll help you troubleshoot. I've installed about 20ish of the BI-Xenon with Auto Level and have yet to encounter these probs.

·
Registered
493 Posts
I didn't to sound overly negative, just that most dealers would probably use it as a means to opt out of any warantee work if it wasn't in their economic interest to do so.

Having said that, I judge it to be worth it and love the DDE's. I've had no trouble with any functionality in the lights, auto leveling, etc..

1 - 13 of 13 Posts