BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
yuppie racing
1,899 Posts
springs will void your suspension warranty if they can prove that it was the cause. Be careful someone I know got screwed. (Non BMW owner)

·
I'm hot 'cause I'm fly
5,095 Posts
unless something goes wrong and they can trace it to your springs nothing should go wrong, i would suggest getting some new shocks also, dont wait too long because the stock shocks will be compressed more than they were meant to so the will most likely ware out much quicker. that should be the only problem you would run into, good luck.

·
Yoda Rocks!
352 Posts
p0tpie said:
buy coils.
Im thinking about lowering my lease as well, if I do lower it, which I most likely will, and I go to the stealership for regular checkups and what not, will they give me a bunch of hub bub, or will they only say something if somethings goes wrong?

·
Registered
3,322 Posts
When I went in for service, my receipt said "car has complete aftermasrket suspension with lower than stock ride height".
YES, it will affect warrantee for related components and you could be forced to return to stock prior to returning lease or pay $$$.

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
carpenterm said:
And cause problems with my lease?
O.K I hope this helps.
Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) . For best results, consider working with performance-oriented dealerships with a proven history of working with customers. If your vehicle manufacturer fails to honor emission/warranty claims, contact EPA at (202) 260-2080 or www.epa.gov. If federal warranty protection is denied, contact the FTC at (202) 326-3128 or www.ftc.gov. For additional information, check out the following links:

·
Registered
304 Posts
Our cars seem to have problems with the control arms and bushings and what not, so i'm sure the dealer will claim that the after market suspension caused the problem, not the design flaw/cheap material. From what i've read on here, it's not cheap to replace either when out of warrenty. it's up to you bro, but i'd keep it stock so i won't have to deal with any bull s*** from the dealer.

Steven

·
Registered
164 Posts
BMW04E46 said:
Our cars seem to have problems with the control arms and bushings and what not, so i'm sure the dealer will claim that the after market suspension caused the problem, not the design flaw/cheap material. From what i've read on here, it's not cheap to replace either when out of warrenty. it's up to you bro, but i'd keep it stock so i won't have to deal with any bull s*** from the dealer.

Steven
i had to change my control arm, the dealership voided my warranty. sux

1 - 15 of 15 Posts