E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
284 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what i am asking is if i didnt order the power seat option with my car when i bought it now i can get my hands on a set of power sport seats will it work??? i had heated seat to begin with and the new seats also has the heated option ..dont know if this info will help anyone out there to answer my question ...
thanks

·
Registered
85 Posts
I don't know how BMW proliferates their wiring harnesses. Some car makers "give away" extra content rather than having more harness part numbers and some don't. Can even depend on other options (for example they might always put power seat wiring in if you get heated seats because generally a more contented car). Unfortunately my guess is that the content is only there when needed so you probably don't have it.

Send me an email and I may be able to give you some ideas of things to check. I work for Delphi Packard Electric - the world's largest auto wiring supplier, but I don't work with BMW product.

·
Registered
667 Posts
yes, i believe the entire car is prewired and add ons are just plugged into the harness as needed. Other guys should be more knowledgable about this, but this is what I heard. USA cars are prewired for pretty much everything, I've been told.

·
Registered
12 Posts
so if they are prewire already does that simply mean that there is plug for it already maybe with the heated seat plug but current just no wire is going through them ??? so when i get my power seat i just plug it in then everything will work perfectly??

·
Registered
85 Posts
My wife has the car this afternoon or I'd go look, but if the extra wiring content is there, either the connector that is there for heated seats would have additional (currently unused) circuits or there would be another connector that is not used w/o power seats. If so it might be left tucked under the carpet to be out of the way and pervent rattles.

·
Registered
1,935 Posts
check "power seat" in DIY section. there is DIY with pictures.
by the way, wiring is not there. you have run wire from fuse box to the seats.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts