BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Or is there a special way to just have it buffed out or something. ive never been keyed or anything so i havent taken the time out to learn about treating damaged paint/surfaces. either way here are some pics, i dont know how much detail u can see, but all input will be really appreciated. please post cost estimates if you have an idea.

·
Registered
2,971 Posts
try to get it buffed out, or maybe some compound... if it does need new paint, then yes, the whole hood gets done

·
Got Mis-shift?
748 Posts
try using meguires scratch x... it works out really well..... but if the your nail catches the scratch then it needs to get repainted.

·
Banned
96 Posts
Depends on how deep the key marks went. But from the pics, it looks like you need to repaint the entire hood. Sucks man. So many haters out there. Just got egged which pisses me off.

·
Registered
568 Posts
OMG, everytime i see one of these threads, it just pisses me off.. god damn, my friends think i'm paranoid because i dont drive my bimmer anywhere but with **** like this happening so often, how can i?

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yea guys, fuck the haters....how much would it cost to repaint a stock hood??? how much for a m3 hood with the fender modifications for the fitments???? FUCK haters... specially when they are in THE SAME GATED COMMUNITY AS YOU..........:banghead: :flipoff: :vinmac: :vinmac:

·
Registered
47 Posts
Sorry man, it sucks big time...

I repainted mine after some a-hole keyed it diagonally...

From your picture, they are pretty deep and you probably need to get it repainted.

I painted mine for around 220US. Came out pretty good.

·
Registered
0 Posts
i feel your pain bro....on the way home the other day on 495...a damn brick, yeah i said brick, flew out and hit the side of my fokking car....i am looking into repair options as well...

good luck...hopefully its a quick/easy/cheap fix

·
Registered
49 Posts
Ci FLY said:
specially when they are in THE SAME GATED COMMUNITY AS YOU..........:banghead:
Dang! In the same gated-neighborhood. That seriously sucks. How long have you lived there/had a Bimmer there...?

·
has 1 FLY Ci
1,973 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
cv4n2 said:

Dang! In the same gated-neighborhood. That seriously sucks. How long have you lived there/had a Bimmer there...?
2 years...well its a huge gated apartment complex but it looks like a hotel

·
Registered
26 Posts
I'd hunt that piece of **** down and systematically remove all the hair off their body (pluck) and then continue with further torture.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Ci FLY said:
yea guys, fuck the haters....how much would it cost to repaint a stock hood??? how much for a m3 hood with the fender modifications for the fitments???? FUCK haters... specially when they are in THE SAME GATED COMMUNITY AS YOU..........:banghead: :flipoff: :vinmac: :vinmac:
Doesn't the gated commmunity keep the haters IN??:yikes:

·
Registered
354 Posts
Man, you'd think in a gated community a 3 series wouldn't draw much attention. I guess the person had a personal issue with YOU. In my gated community my 330 is like a poor man's car. Although I think it looks better than the Mercs.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts