BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking to upgrade my 330i to stock M3 brake kit. I understand that they are larger than the 330i stock ones. Am I right in assuming that in order to do so I would have to get wider wheels to accomodate the larger calipers? I think this will be cheaper than shelling out for a Brembo big brake kit.

·
Registered
2,013 Posts
Both the M3 and the 330 have front brake rotors 12.8" in diameter. The M3 caliper could be better but the 330 ones have enough clamping force to lock up the tires already (activate ABS). The only advantage is that the M3 rotors should be a bit thicker. I don't think it's worth the trouble just to get slightly thicker rotors.

·
Registered
1,236 Posts
Jspeed said:
Both the M3 and the 330 have front brake rotors 12.8" in diameter. The M3 caliper could be better but the 330 ones have enough clamping force to lock up the tires already (activate ABS). The only advantage is that the M3 rotors should be a bit thicker. I don't think it's worth the trouble just to get slightly thicker rotors.
Exactly.

There is no point in upgrading to M3 brakes. THey will stop just the same.

·
Big in Japan
1,373 Posts
calipers mount differently in the front and rear, so this would be a big undertaking to get them on the car.

·
Registered
303 Posts
dinanE46 said:
I'm looking to upgrade my 330i to stock M3 brake kit. I understand that they are larger than the 330i stock ones. Am I right in assuming that in order to do so I would have to get wider wheels to accomodate the larger calipers? I think this will be cheaper than shelling out for a Brembo big brake kit.
haha... is the power a little intense, man? :)

1 - 5 of 5 Posts