BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Yesterday I saw some crazy chick posting on her profile that by the end of 2013 Audi will overtake BMW in global sales!? I think this is ridiculous. What's your opinion? Audi is good car but far away from the quality of a BMW!!!

·
Registered
88 Posts
I sure hope not. My friend has an s4 that is v6 twin turbo chipped etc thing is fast as hell. But my m3 still beats him!

·
Registered
1,609 Posts
makes no difference to BMW.
BMW will keep building BMW's.
AUDI has VW cash behind it.
I don't give a crap. I will buy the best car for the money. For the time being BMW's handle and feel better than Audi's; AUDI's are great cars, but they still feel lack the road feel a 3 series provides.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
Based on how ugly the BMW line is becoming, maybe. They're both great brands, they just appeal to different types of people.

·
Registered
836 Posts
possibly in sales, but doubtful. as said they just arent nearly as fun. the bmw road feel is so hard to replicate. even porsche etc dont have it quite down imo. lately i am really into the 7 series.

·
Registered
2,244 Posts
audi's lack a soul. they are the most plain and boring car that soulless people drive. its like a volvo but worse. driving an audi is boring enough to make you want to commit suicide. even the r8, they took the fun out of the gallardo and ended up with a plain detuned "supercar" and audi's dont age well. bmw's designs are timeless and look good no matter the age. the recent audis will look dated in a couple of years compared to the bmw's. i still get people thinking my 323i is like an 07.

·
Registered
950 Posts
I read somewhere that Audi sells more vehicles in Europe than BMW and Mercedes. But their sales are still behind in the USA. Anyway they seem to be putting out some interesting designs. I guess we'll see soon enough.

·
Registered
2,801 Posts
audi's lack a soul. they are the most plain and boring car that soulless people drive. its like a volvo but worse. driving an audi is boring enough to make you want to commit suicide. even the r8, they took the fun out of the gallardo and ended up with a plain detuned "supercar" and audi's dont age well. bmw's designs are timeless and look good no matter the age. the recent audis will look dated in a couple of years compared to the bmw's. i still get people thinking my 323i is like an 07.
It's funny that people who own Audis say the same things about BMWs

But really BMWs do not have a timeless design and most basic e46s do look old.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
A little tough for Audi to predict this since BMW is refreshing so many models right now. 2010 had aging models, but the new 5 came in 2011 and the new 3 comes in 2012. I expect BMW sales to spike.

·
Registered
9,307 Posts
Both will always have their differences and some models will be better than others. I do agree with what the other guy said about Audi owners saying ____ and BMW owners saying the same thing. I do think Audi sells will overtake BMW but that's not a bad thing for BMW. Just means more normal people choose Audi and car enthusiast pick BMW...there's multiple ways to look at it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, VW's goal is to become the #1 automaker in the world. I have to think Audi wants to ride those coattails.

As for the experience, I just bought my first BMW. I love it! However, I still love my VAG products. It's how I really got into German engineering. I loved my S4, with mods of course! Audi is a great brand. It wins a ton in the racing world. The tdi technology in Le Mans is second to none. It doesn't have the pompous stigma that BMW carries. One of my main reasons for not giving BMW a chance sooner was the connotation attached to the brand. That being said, I love the engineering put into the 3series.

P.S.
Honestly though, who wins the sexy flagship war? Audi A8L. Hands down a more appealing car than a 7 or 8 series.

·
Registered
5,566 Posts
As an Audi A6 owner....I can tell you the interiors are much nicer...but the reliability, repair bills suck.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts