E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i found an amazing deal for a a dinan intake (old style metal tube) but it is for a 328,325,323. I searched and found out that the tube is 2.5" and mine is a 3". so all i would have to do is get a rubber coupling. Can anybody reassure me that I am correct. I dont want to buy it and it not fit. I have a 2001 330ci w/o xenon headlights if that matters at all. thank you

·
Registered
2,677 Posts
so i found an amazing deal for a a dinan intake (old style metal tube) but it is for a 328,325,323. I searched and found out that the tube is 2.5" and mine is a 3". so all i would have to do is get a rubber coupling. Can anybody reassure me that I am correct. I dont want to buy it and it not fit. I have a 2001 330ci w/o xenon headlights if that matters at all. thank you
Seems like a bad idea to me to restrict flow via this method...

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
wait 2.5" to 2.5" no diff in pipe size?
The 330 MAF is bigger....you will actually have to downsize the rubber piece that goes from the 330 MAF to a 2.5 on the intake. Hope this helps. You can buy one for about 5 bucks. I did the same with my car, it has a 330 MAF and I installed a 325 Gruppe M intake on it. If you got a good deal on it, go for it. 5 bucks for an adapter is no big deal.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
alright cool thats what i thought. any problems with loss of power?
You are not going to get much power from the intake, just a nice sound...and since it is smooth flow, should not be an issue. Get a 3" to 2.5" reducer.

·
Registered
5,008 Posts
you are correct you just need the rubber boot. And btw it's the same 2.5" tube as the 330s
MAF on the 330 is larger though.....that is what it connects to....should be 3", at least it is on my car. If he gets a 2.5" connection, it will not mount to the MAF, too small for the 330 MAF.:) Just wanted to clarify that when he gets the rubber sleeve. 3" to 2.5" reducer and all is well.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.