E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering if a BMW business OEM in-dash cdplayer from a 2001-2003 bmw will fit a 2000 323ci. Are there any different connetction in that back like antena??

Please let me know.

Thanks.

·
Registered
0 Posts
Actually, it may not fit just fine. I went through all of this late last year. I have a '00 328Ci. At some point, they changed the antenna input on the back of the stereo. You need to check out the back of the stereo that you are looking at. Make sure it has 2, let me say it again, 2 round jacks somewhere on the back. 1 of them is smaller (the size of a Bic Pen insert) and the other is a bit larger (the size of the outside plastic casing of the pen). Some of the newer radios DO NOT have the larger of the two and if that is the case, everything will work except the radio.

Just so you know...

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Remember, I have a casset deck in there now. I have heard that I need the radio with 3 inputs...is that wrong? Anyway, I just wanted to make sure that we understand each other. I am not sue if casset connection and cd connection in these cars is dif.

Thanks

·
Registered
149 Posts
OEM indash CD

There are 3 connections,
1 BIG wiring harness
1 RCA type antenna lead (AM)
1 mini coax antenna lead (FM)

The 2003 has one incompatible (to the 2000) mini coax for both AM and FM

if anyone knows where I can get an adapter(200 antennas to 2003 radio) let me know

the CD and the cassete are interchangeable as long as the antennas match

Mike:banghead: :ben:

·
Registered
0 Posts
Re: OEM indash CD

mikemartin9 said:
There are 3 connections,
1 BIG wiring harness

if anyone knows where I can get an adapter(200 antennas to 2003 radio) let me know

Ditto that! I did the same switch you are looking to do (Tape -> CD). Originally I picked up a 2003 deck and none of my radio functions worked, but everything else worked perfectly (i.e., CD, Changer, Steering Wheel Controls, etc.)! Now I have an early 2000 CD player that I am trying to replace with a late 2000 and up model so I can get the clock function back.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Re: OEM indash CD

mikemartin9 said:
There are 3 connections,
1 BIG wiring harness

Has anyone found a place to get an adapter for a 2 antenna connection car to a single antenna connection radio? I would like to get a business cd radio from a 2002 into my 1999.

·
• DFW •
1,929 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Adapter

I need an adapter that will allow me to connect a CD Radio with this single connection. (mini coax on the left side)

to a e46 with wiring that connects to a radio with these 2 connectors. (the connector on the left and the smaller one on the right side)

·
• DFW •
1,929 Posts
pictures are broke dude.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.