BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm getting snow tires, but i have nowhere to leave the summers... will they all fit in the trunk for the winter?

thanks!

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Wah said:
I'm getting snow tires, but i have nowhere to leave the summers... will they all fit in the trunk for the winter?

thanks!
I'll be the first one to say, "but then you'll have no trunk space!" Why don't you have anywhere to put your tyres? Do you live in your car or something??;)

·
Slow in, slower out
4,651 Posts
You should have bought a touring!

You can fit either one or two tires in back, plus one more in the spare tire well. Can you throw a piece of plywood on your tires to serve as a coffee table in your apartmentent/condo/hut?

Ed

·
Registered
95 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I dont' really need the trunk space... and I live in an apartment. The truth is, I can put them in my apt, but i'd rather not. I guess I can leave 2 in the car and bring two up to my place...

·
Registered
28 Posts
I just changed out my summers and I could only get one tire in the truck. If you've got 225 17s with the hk sub it's gonna be extremely hard to fit two tires in the trunk.

·
Mooove, get out the way!
1,051 Posts
You could put two in your trunk and two on your back seat (with it folded down). Otherwise, they won't fit in your trunk alone.

·
Registered
841 Posts
e0fw3l54 said:
I just changed out my summers and I could only get one tire in the truck. If you've got 225 17s with the hk sub it's gonna be extremely hard to fit two tires in the trunk.
just take out the spare tire and put it in.

·
Registered
28 Posts
mtfour said:
You could put two in your trunk and two on your back seat (with it folded down). Otherwise, they won't fit in your trunk alone.
:werd:

I had all 4 summer in my car one in the trunk and three in the back, i did wrap the tires in plastic but the interior started to smell like rubber so I took them all out.

·
Banned
595 Posts
w/ ur seats folded down, you should be able to do it, three in trunk and one as your passenger, I was able to carry 4 wheels, not tires in my sedan w/o folding seats. and had room from one more. good luck

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
12,960 Posts
you can put maybe 2 tires in your trunk

the think to do is but your tires in those big 55 gallion black garbage bags. 4 tires 4 bags then you can leave them in your
garage or cellar or bedroom. or any where you got some space on top of each other. only thing is get a piece of 1/4" plywood
to lay on the floor big enough to fit one tire on its side.
bobm3 :thumbup: :thumbup:

·
Slow in, slower out
4,651 Posts
I would like to introduce the new Team DFL wheel and tire storage program for people living in New Jersey. For a few dollars a month, we will provide luxury storage for your winter tires during the summer and summer tires during the winter. We guarantee that we will try to not wear out your tires while we perform periodic roundness checks on one of our fleet of BMWs.

We would also like to introduce our completely unrelated wheel/tire rental program for people living in the southern hemisphere. Need snow tires between April and November? Need performance wheels and tires between November and April? PM us for availability.

Ed

·
Banned
4,037 Posts
teamdfl said:
I would like to introduce the new Team DFL wheel and tire storage program for people living in New Jersey. For a few dollars a month, we will provide luxury storage for your winter tires during the summer and summer tires during the winter. We guarantee that we will try to not wear out your tires while we perform periodic roundness checks on one of our fleet of BMWs.

We would also like to introduce our completely unrelated wheel/tire rental program for people living in the southern hemisphere. Need snow tires between April and November? Need performance wheels and tires between November and April? PM us for availability.

Ed
:lmao: :lmao:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts