BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, so I found a set of 245/40/18 wheels about 8 hours from where I live for a great deal. I did the math and the rolling diameter is within the 3% variance of stock, but my question is are they too wide? I don't think they will be but I just want some input before I make the drive.

Thanks!

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,351 Posts
Hey all, so I found a set of 245/40/18 wheels about 8 hours from where I live for a great deal. I did the math and the rolling diameter is within the 3% variance of stock, but my question is are they too wide? I don't think they will be but I just want some input before I make the drive.

Thanks!
Just tires or are they mounted on wheels? If mounted what are the specs of the wheels?

I have 245/35-18s on 9x18 ET30 wheels on my wagon with stock sport springs. I had to roll the inner rear fender lips to stop rubbing over big bumps and when carrying passengers.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Just tires or are they mounted on wheels? If mounted what are the specs of the wheels?

I have 245/35-18s on 9x18 ET30 wheels on my wagon with stock sport springs. I had to roll the inner rear fender lips to stop rubbing over big bumps and when carrying passengers.
They are style 124's

·
Registered
'03 325iT Mystic Blau
2,351 Posts
They are style 124's
Those are E60 wheels. The rears should be 18x9 ET32 so should fit with the same clearancing that I did, I'd be concerned about the ET20 that the 18x8 fronts have. Even if they don't hit anything they're probably going to protrude past the fender lip.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Front should fit like the rear. 25mm slimmer wheel, 12.5mm of which would move the outer rim inward, then countered by 12mm less offset, so same same. Your 18x9 et30 and his 18x8 et20 should be almost identical.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts