BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about purchasing a set of rims+tires, the specs are 18x10 et 45 - 255-35-18 Kumho for the rears, will I need to roll my fenders? I have a 2001 330ci with Premium package (not sports).

Will it rub if I have passengers in the back seat?
 

·
Senior Eurowerkz Member
Joined
·
13,151 Posts
i am pretty sure they won't fit in the rear

without geting your fenders roll back. i think only the m3 may get away with out geting the fenders roll back.
bobm3 ;) ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
tycoon said:
the specs are 18x10 et 45 - 255-35-18 Kumho for the rears, will I need to roll my fenders? I have a 2001 330ci with Premium package (not sports).

Will it rub if I have passengers in the back seat?

My car has the premium and sport package and with 19X10s ET+44, I only incur some minor rubbing with 3 or more passengers. I have not rolled my fenders yet, I probably will once I lower the car. If you plan on having 3+ passengers most of the time I would recommend rolling the fenders, if you don’t it’s not really necessary until you lower the car.

Another crucial point to consider for making 10s fit properly with out rubbing on a non-M are the tires. I’m not familiar with Kumho but it makes life a little easier if you choose a brand with a round sidewall. I recommend Toyo T1-S, kind of pricey but very well worth the $$$.
 

·
Conceited Prick
Joined
·
2,135 Posts
Re: Re: Will 18x10 Rim fit in my 330ci without rolling my fenders?

TGHTBMR said:



My car has the premium and sport package and with 19X10s ET+44, I only incur some minor rubbing with 3 or more passengers. I have not rolled my fenders yet, I probably will once I lower the car. If you plan on having 3+ passengers most of the time I would recommend rolling the fenders, if you don’t it’s not really necessary until you lower the car.

Another crucial point to consider for making 10s fit properly with out rubbing on a non-M are the tires. I’m not familiar with Kumho but it makes life a little easier if you choose a brand with a round sidewall. I recommend Toyo T1-S, kind of pricey but very well worth the $$$.
What size tire are you running? I'll be running the same setup as you. However, I'm going to roll the fenders as verts carry 500lbs more than the coupes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
61 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Will 18x10 Rim fit in my 330ci without rolling my fenders?

unionjack said:


What size tire are you running? I'll be running the same setup as you. However, I'm going to roll the fenders as verts carry 500lbs more than the coupes.
I’m running Toyo T1-S 235/35/19 up front and 265/30/19 in the rear.

I had Pirellis on my Accord (18s) and on my bimmer (18s) and thought they were OK but man what a difference the Toyos made!


:thumbup:
 
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Top