BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright so in the past two to three days I have noticed that when I stop and then go from a stop sign or light there is a very quiet whoosh like sound. I have not hear this in any other car I have drive, manual or not. Has anyone else expierenced this, I'm thinking of possibly taking it in to be on the safe side. :dunno: :sad:

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
e46boy said:
your car is TURBO?!?!??!? :yikes: :yikes: :yikes: :yikes:
Yah thats what I first suspected, but then I remebered I had just taken it off last week :dunno: :D

·
moderation in all things
898 Posts
tpzblu330ci said:
Alright so in the past two to three days I have noticed that when I stop and then go from a stop sign or light there is a very quiet whoosh like sound. I have not hear this in any other car I have drive, manual or not. Has anyone else expierenced this, I'm thinking of possibly taking it in to be on the safe side. :dunno: :sad:
join the club...

http://forum.e46fanatics.com/showthread.php?threadid=49453

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
moderation in all things
898 Posts
Re: Re: Re: Wierd wooosh like sound ?

tpzblu330ci said:

:bow: Thank you very much, sounds just like what mine is doign it, I kept putting my head down by the clutch thinking it was somethign by there. :lmao:
no prob dude...

oh yeah, go raiders, go niners!! :D

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,301 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Re: Re: Re: Re: Wierd wooosh like sound ?

jason330i said:

no prob dude...

oh yeah, go raiders, go niners!! :D

I retract my previous statement paying you gratitude :mad:

J/K :D

·
Registered
129 Posts
Do you have a CAI, new or old? If not, it might be a loose or un-secured clip on your air filter box letting air bypass it.

I have a Dinan CAI and it sounds like a jet or supercharger everytime I hit the pedal!

·
Registered
3,090 Posts
He already said it was the MPG. Also did anyone try to get a 330 cluster?

I have this same problem. It took me about two months to figure out that it was my MPG gauge. I'm going to see if the dealer will order me a 330 performance cluster since all the clusters come un-programmed anyway and the electronic are the same. I'm going to wait till March to take it in.

BTW mine sounds like a cog spining not a whoosh. It's like girrrrrclishhhhh going up and cliiiiiishhhhh going down. You press the gas , you hear the noise and at the same time the MPG goes up as the noise since the MPG is delayed behind you pressing the gas peddle.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the same exact problem on my 01' 330Ci. I also started noticing it when I came to a stop or accelerated from a stop. I noticed it was coming from the MPG gauge every time it moved from the left or right. I took it to the dealer and tried to explain the "whoosh" sound. I didn't think they would be able to reproduce the sound, but sure enough they did. They ordered a new instument cluster and will replace it under warranty.
Turn everything off and listen closely and watch your MPG gauge, I guarantee its the same issue as my car. Good Luck!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts