E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, it's been a while since I've posted so hope your all well. Anyhow, I hit the unlock button on the key quickly followed by the trunk release and the fuel flap popped open instead of the trunk. Are you supposed to be able to open the fuel flap from the remote and if so how, I cannot recreate it.

·
Registered
295 Posts
You can recreate it closing your fuel door, locking your car, and then press the fuel door like you're trying to open it. Stand back, hit unlock on your remote and watch the magic happen.

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
you can recreate it closing your fuel door, locking your car, and then press the fuel door like you're trying to open it. Stand back, hit unlock on your remote and watch the magic happen.
+1

·
Registered
2,082 Posts
^No. It is simply when you unlock your doors, your fuel door releases and springs open since it was preloaded to...your door will be unlocked at this point as well.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for the answer. I wonder if somebody else tried to open the fuel door while the car was locked. Where I work we do have problems with people steeling gas and metal from the job site.

·
Registered
E46 F10 W204 W212
5,171 Posts
Thanks for the answer. I wonder if somebody else tried to open the fuel door while the car was locked. Where I work we do have problems with people steeling gas and metal from the job site.
It could be that, or maybe someone just leaned on it. I've also done this waxing or washing the car. It doesn't take much force.

Paolo

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
your magnetic latch is either broken or very dirty.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts