E46 Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Banned
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just wondering why would you want to bebadge your car? I remember I was following another e46 like mine but can't tell whether it's a 325 or 330ci. It looks like my 330ci but it had no markings. I noticed the driver kept on looking back at my car. He then step on the gas so I decided why not? 330ci vs. 330ci? Next thing I was right besides him while he was flooring it. I know this because I was flooring mine too. Next thing I was pulling away then I noticed he looked at my tail and I guess he saw it was a real 330ci then he called out peace.:sil: :jawknee: Now I know that his car was only a 325.

·
OO[][]OO
523 Posts
Clem said:
looks cleaner

yeah right : IT LOOKS CLEANER my A......$$$ .....! - everybody know why the badge are "missing" on "SOME" cars ! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

PS: well at list here in US they are removed, compared to some places in EU where they are substitute with higher number badge ...... :D

Attachments

·
BMW Land Barge
1,359 Posts
Frankly, if I got an M3, I'd seriously consider badging down.

Debadging a 325 because you really wish you had a 330 is lame. (Mind you, I really want a 330, and for the 4000th time, I'm pissed off at BMWNA about that.) However, debadging high end models or badging them down can be very sensible. I get enough losers trying to race me in my 325xiT... I don't need the attention an M3 would get me.

·
Addicted to Torque!
505 Posts
Well.....if you care about looks and being unique.....I think debadging is the way to go. I debadged my 02 325ci the day I got it, my friend 2001 Audi S4, my other friends 02 RSX Type S and my previous 99 328is. Just makes the car look cleaner and also allows for a suprise if you have a sleeper. When I someday get an M3.....it will be debadged.

·
Registered
649 Posts
I debadged my car not because of lower hp than a 330, but it looks very clean on a white car:thumbup:

I can easily tell between all e46 models w/o the badges. Who knows u might pull up to a 323 unbadged with a supercharger in it and try to race him not knowing he is gonna smoke you a$$:burnout:

I will be supercharging mine in august since my warranty is up already

·
Registered
194 Posts
i debadged mine cuz it just seems a lot more balanced without the badges there. but instead of just throwing the badges in a closet or whatever, i took them and double stick taped them to the wood panel infront of the passenger seat in my coupe. everyone that sees it thinks that it came that way from the dealer. i've never seen anyone else do it before so i figured i'd try it...and i'm very pleased with the compliments

·
TX Dinan 3
795 Posts
id rather not debadge so the neighbors spent the extra money lol. kinda hard to debadge an M3 though, they look so much different than just a standard 3 series

·
Registered
879 Posts
You can't really have a sleeper car that's debadged. Debadging automatically tells whomever is looking, that the car is not what it seems, which defies the idea of a "sleeper". My stance on it is leave the badge on, unless you want to deliberately confuse people as to what your car really is (you'll be surprised at how many people will not be able to tell if your car is a 3 or a 5 without the badge on). Some people like to do that, and that's perfectly fine. I don't think it "cleans up" the rear at all - there are little adornments all over the car that add to the car's character - the cutouts under the headlights for the washers, the side markers (or side gills on the M3), the roundels, and (dare I say) the PDC sensor housings. Once you start taking these things away, the car starts to progress toward the smoothed-out look, something that is generally not characteristic of German cars, and is more common with Japanese models (G35 coupe, for example). Though I really like the look of the G35C, I don't think that an all-painted, all-smooth look would work on the E46.

·
Registered
104 Posts
3c said:

yeah right : IT LOOKS CLEANER my A......$$$ .....! - everybody know why the badge are "missing" on "SOME" cars ! :lmao::lmao::lmao:

PS: well at list here in US they are removed, compared to some places in EU where they are substitute with higher number badge ...... :D
I thought people in Europe debadge their high model cars because they want to make their cars sleepers.

People in the US rarely debadge the higher model cars to show off. That's why people buy //M badges on their non-M cars.

I think the majority who debadge have lower models. I see this more prevalent among the honda peeps. They take off the LX or DX stickers and put VTEC badges that they stole off another car.

I don't buy the clean look either when people debadge.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.