BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
WTF. I call circle BMW, pacific BMW and also 2 other dealers in NJ and they all say BMW has no OEM clears for a 2003 330i. Is this true and if so, does anyone know when they will?

BTW: Circle sells OEM clears cheaper than bekkers.com.

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
From what I understand they will never have OEM sedan clears for '02 sedan and up because there are no amber reflectors on the front bumper to make them DOT approved. You have to get them through Maxmillion or www.bekkers.com. Or another importer.

I got mine through Bekkers and they are OEM and were the cheapest at the time!

·
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well, everyone says the bekkers fit fine, so I guess I have no choice but to go with those.

·
-not a mod-
31,408 Posts
I am able to get oem ones here at the dealer for euro spec cars... I had to modify them a little for my us spec wagon but they work perfect.

·
Banned
4,041 Posts
GeoMystic said:
From what I understand they will never have OEM sedan clears for '02 sedan and up because there are no amber reflectors on the front bumper to make them DOT approved. You have to get them through Maxmillion or www.bekkers.com. Or another importer.

I got mine through Bekkers and they are OEM and were the cheapest at the time!
I got the lastest accessories catelog from the dealer and they now list that they have 2002+ clears. :dunno:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hmmm, perhaps I don't understand your question, but I'm pretty sure the lights for your 330i are the same as my wife's 330xi. I just bought her some klarlichten from BMW below.... Part numbers 63130141567 and 63210141573... Was ~325 euro...

·
Registered
211 Posts
WHEN I WENT TO PACIFIC AND TRIED TO PURCHASE MY CLEARS FOR MY 2003 325CI THEY TOLD ME THAT THEY ARE NOT AVAILABLE YET,

I THINK THE GUY WAS JUST AN DIOT AND DIDNT WANT TO HELP ME SO HE BRUSHED ME OFF.

IS THIS TRUE???

ANYWAYS NOW I AM DEBATING ON GETTING THE CLEARS IN THE FIRST PLACE, ON A BLACK BMW THEY ARE NICE BUT ON MY ORIENT BLUE I KINDA LIKE THE CONTRAST OF THE AMBER WITH THE BLUE.

ANYONE HAVE PICS OF AN ORIENT BLUE COUPE WITH CLEARS????

·
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
cv4n2,

What dealer did you get thoses from and how much did they charge??? All the dealers I called told me they weren't available.

capinsac: I would be down for a group buy if it will be really soon. I can't wait much longer :D

·
Registered
49 Posts
The price was...

Just ask for those part numbers from any BMW dealership, that's all I did.

·
-not a mod-
31,408 Posts
They have them for Euro spec bmws, but not us spec yet..thats what my dealer told me. So I just ordered the euro spec ones. I only have the part number for the front and sides. The rears on my wagon are different from yours. 63130141567 just as the other guy said. 74 Euro for the fronts and sides.

·
1,334 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I called circle BMW with those numbers and they came up as $105 for the front and $337 for the rear. Also, they could not verify what models they fit, so they said if I order them, they are not returnable. Should I take a chance? How did you come across those #'s?

Thanks

·
Registered
589 Posts
cv4n2 said:
...Just ask for those part numbers from any BMW dealership, that's all I did.
Except for a very brief period of time about a year ago, clear lights for facelifted sedans have not been available at US dealers. Even at that time, there were only a couple of dealers that seem to have them. I would not expect that you can all of a sudden get them now.

But again, you can get OEM clears for '02+ sedans from Bekkers, bavauto, or Maximillian.

·
XX
376 Posts
cv4n2...please excuse my ignorance, but are you located in the the US (I'm sorry I don't know where the location you listed is) If you are not in the US then that's why you are able to get them easily.

03BMW- I don't think the guy was an idiot or brushing you off. The DOT regulation is a US thing, so people in other countries can easily buy clears for sedans (which I think might be that case for cv4n2), There have been a few people that have managed to order them and have ended up receiving the wrong set, others where able to get them before the DOT regulations. Bekkers imports them, that why the are able to get them.

Good Luck

·
Protect Me From What I Want
1,222 Posts
The ones Bekkers is selling are OEM Euro spec

Most dealers in the US ONLY sell US spec parts, and due to the DOT regulation using clear turn signals w/o amber reflectors is illegal. Therefore most dealers wouldn't sell Euro clears

1 - 20 of 22 Posts