E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
252 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 330I and I dont have a compartment.. see these two pictures, Can I buy this, or were does the changer go in my car then ..

·
Registered
22 Posts
FYI, This is a kit you can get... Call your dealer. If you get the changer you can install it in the top midle of your trunk (but it looks ugly and you loose space and height. The side kit replaces your left side tray and side cover with a new one, it also gives you a braket for the changer and that cool looking access panel... Well worth the 100 or so buck! And by the way.... very easy to install.

PS: you dont have that now because you didn't get the cd changer option!

·
Beware of pwner
1,714 Posts
Your cd changer can go in there, but I think that compartment comes with the navigation unit. You can buy the compartment seperately from the dealer, but you will also need to buy the brackets for the cd changer. They also sell covers specifically for the cd changer, which mounts elsewhere.

·
2 point five 3 two 3 i
3,789 Posts
yeah, I'm gonna move my changer soon. I've lost so much height with it mounted under the rear deck.
called the local dealer and its gonna cost around $100 for the mounting brackets and carpeting.

·
Alpha Male
6,032 Posts
truwon said:
yeah, I'm gonna move my changer soon. I've lost so much height with it mounted under the rear deck.
called the local dealer and its gonna cost around $100 for the mounting brackets and carpeting.
I did mine. looks much cleaner

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
haha my mom made my dealer throw in a free changer and installation. I thought they were gunna hang it all ghetto like in my mom's 5 but I was pretty happy to see that it looked like pic 1 when they were done.

·
Registered
88 Posts
This "compartment" comes with the Navigation System. Those with '02 or earlier 3-series cars that got the navigation system more or less had to get a CD changer to get a CD player in there. Those with '03 or newer models didn't have to get a CD Changer to get a CD player in their cars, since it's behind the Nav display. If you don't have either the Navigation or the CD changer, there is no real point in getting the "compartment", since it takes up valuable space.

·
No more mods
267 Posts
I order it before and I can look up the part no. tonight. But if you have fold down seat then it will be different part #.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have that compartment in my 03 330CI and I didn't get the Nav or CD changer. But I also got a different Tach than everyone else too my redline is at 6,500 not 6,000 like most 330's I am wondering what else is different about my car.

Natasha

·
Registered
159 Posts
I also have that compartment in my '03 330i. No Changer or NAV. I like it because I can put a MAG Light and my Tire Pressure Guage in there. And, if I do decide to get a changer, the mounting shelf is already there.

I am currently driving a 2003 loaner and it also has it. Not sure if all the '03 Cars get it, or if it comes with the Premium Package.

·
Registered
950 Posts
ryan380golf said:
If you golf, you might not be able to fit a set of clubs in there with the side compartment... something to remember...

Clubs just fit in there with side compartment. :thumbup:
Only one bag, maybe 2 though. Not alot of room.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts