E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
272 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone explain why the H & R cupkit from Rennsport is so cheap. It's $599.00 for the kit. Please correct me if I am wrong, but the kit contains shocks and springs . I guess what I am trying to say is that if you bought springs whatever popular brand, (UUC, Eibach, Intrax, etc.) it will run you about $250. Then shocks (Tokico, Blisten, Koni) will run you about $500 - $600. So why is the H & R kit so cheap. Is there something I need to know about these. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you.

·
I holla
1,509 Posts
that's just how much the kit costs. if you look at tire rack they sell it for around 600 also. and like many other things if you buy a package or a set its a lot cheaper than buying something individually. and if you wanna spend 850 for suspension, i would just buy coilovers

·
Registered
236 Posts
hmmm so this h&r cupkit is all i need to swamp my existin oem suspension ? I got 69,000 miles on the car....i think its time, what you think? Also how does this ride compare to oem 323i ?

·
Yes...I do think I hate you
1,539 Posts
BMWMANIAC said:
hmmm so this h&r cupkit is all i need to swamp my existin oem suspension ? I got 69,000 miles on the car....i think its time, what you think? Also how does this ride compare to oem 323i ?
If you didn't have the sportpackage, then the difference between oem and the cupkit is fairly significant. If you had the sportpackage, the diff is minimal. I had the cupkit and enjoyed it. i would buy it again if I was looking for a non-adjustable setup.

·
Registered
127 Posts
I have cupkit set up on my 330ci, it's perfect for me for the street. along with UUC Sways, the car, it's even better. If you are looking for the non-adjustable suspension, go for cupkit. If you want something more different, go with ajustable coilover.
just ask yourself what you want? do you track your car?

·
Registered
37 Posts
smood1 said:
Cupkit rides from what I heard are harsh, H&R cupkit in particular
My cupcit with 19s is not as harsh comparied to my buddy's 330ci with H&R Race springs and stock 17s.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts