E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im just wondering, I was stopped at a light and all of a sudden the M3 stalled. I had to put the selector back in N and start up the car again.. very weird. It happened once when my brother was driving me in downtown. When it stalled for me I beleive i was shifting down from 2 A to 1st gear. I was at a complete stop.. anyone ever run into problems like this with their SMG II ?

It has only happened twice in the 10,000 miles we have on the car.

·
TheOnlyConstantIsChange
4,180 Posts
Its like a manual, it can stall. I'm very surprised though that it would stall in any of the A modes, maybe a slight computer glitch. :dunno:

·
Registered
352 Posts
I don't have an M3, but my 330ci auto stalled 3 times at low speed due to a bad cam shaft sensor at around 17k miles. I wouldn't be surprised if it is the same thing. Just a thought.

·
Registered
874 Posts
My car would die in traffic and idle really horribly when it was cold...it turned out to be my entire VANOS system...they replaced it and the VANOS computer...the VANOS gears wore prematurely and caused it.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
weird =/ well it hasnt happened for a long time. I only drive in A when im talking on the phone or holding a drink (cup holder does not fit supersized, vaue sized, up sized whatever those fast food restraunts do now) I guess its not really a problem then, if it ever does again prob should bring it to the dealership right ?

·
Registered
352 Posts
I'd take it in now so they can at least hook it up to their computer and see if any fault codes come up.

·
Bimmerless
1,551 Posts
digitalgm said:
I have an SMG and it never stalls ... :shrugg:

AdamR
Same here, I have never stalled it. I drive the car very hard too, with abrupt acceleration and braking. You should definately take it in to get looked at.

·
• DFW •
1,962 Posts
hey dudes. been a long time since Ive been on the board. Had grad school class that I just got done with.

Anyhow, my 323Ci stick stalls sometimes just at the point when I put it in reverse after its neutral. We should start a list of how this happens to see if its a camshaft or vanos problem.....

I wonder!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts