E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17,936 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been to 4 muffler shops in hopes to find one that will remove my resonator for me. None of them would because they refuse to touch an '04 BMW. Whenever I ask why, they give me a bullshit answer like "it's an '04, just no, no". Why are they so afraid? A bunch of you guys have had your resonators removed, why not me?

.....is it because I have SARS? :bawling:

:shhh:

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
The resinators are not perfictly round , they actually get squared at the inner section of them so they have a hard time welding them so they wont leak .
They also think that it voids the warrenty so they dont want to be responsible for it .
Thats what I was told by the shops I talk to to get mine done.

·
Registered
254 Posts
Went to a muffler shop 2 days ago and they told me they didn't want to do it cause they thought it was a cat.. When I brought proof it wasn't they had no problem removing it.. Reason they don't want to remove a cat is cause (from what they told me) its a $24,000 fine.. Probably a bs story but oh wellz, thats what they said..

·
Registered
397 Posts
dizz81 said:
Went to a muffler shop 2 days ago and they told me they didn't want to do it cause they thought it was a cat.. When I brought proof it wasn't they had no problem removing it.. Reason they don't want to remove a cat is cause (from what they told me) its a $24,000 fine.. Probably a bs story but oh wellz, thats what they said..
you just need to find a friendly shop, i know a few exhaust only shops that hook it up as long as you slip them a bill. but whats funny is the place i go to for major stuff i cannot do myself, that only works on mustangs, will install offroad hpipes in a second. i don't think they will cut out cats but they will install offroad hpipes.

·
Registered
3,632 Posts
dizz81 said:
does it sound any louder J?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Try to find a tuning shop that also specialize in exhaust. They will have a better idea of what to do. If I took my car to a muffler shop and they didn't know the difference between a catalytic convertor and a resonator then I'd tell them to lower my S**T and I'm outta there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts