BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

61 - 80 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
I'm finding myself challenged to acurately describe this phenomenon, but there definitely is at least a small bit of truth to this thread whether some of the ladies in here would agree or not. BMW's and a select few other brands are known to be status-oriented for whatever reason. (I think BMW's are more "sport" than "bling" personally, but whatever.)

When I picked up my current car, an 04 coupe, it seemed like I was getting all sorts of extra attention from the neighbor girls within a pretty short period of time. Not making this shit up.

·
Registered
4,201 Posts
What? Chase is completely right - they love BMWs because they are shallow. Girls live in constant fear of drowning, how could you not know that?
i love bmw's :( <- i'm shallow?

:nyah: I bought my own.
me tooo

I'm finding myself challenged to acurately describe this phenomenon, but there definitely is at least a small bit of truth to this thread whether some of the ladies in here would agree or not. BMW's and a select few other brands are known to be status-oriented for whatever reason. (I think BMW's are more "sport" than "bling" personally, but whatever.)

When I picked up my current car, an 04 coupe, it seemed like I was getting all sorts of extra attention from the neighbor girls within a pretty short period of time. Not making this shit up.
or maybe your car gave you more confidence?
confidence is attractive.... :D

^random thought

·
Registered
69,979 Posts
Some girls genuinely appreciate a nice car, and some appreciate the fact that guys care enough to take care of their cars. It does show that you have confidence and good taste which is always attractive. And yes, some girls just look at it as a status symbol. Sad but true.

·
Premium Member
20,929 Posts
Good points ladies. Some I never thought of.

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
because they have tinted windows?
LOL the factory tint is like 2%

Anyways I see a lot of well dressed women in BMWs as well. I honestly think its the most fashionable car on the market. So basically were all driving armani suits and girls dig this. hahahah

·
Registered
187 Posts
LOL the factory tint is like 2%

Anyways I see a lot of well dressed women in BMWs as well. I honestly think its the most fashionable car on the market. So basically were all driving armani suits and girls dig this. hahahah
It's funny (or disturbing?) because around here you see women driving BMWs (and a crapload of our German brothers with the trident emblem) and it is purely a status thing. We have so many pretentious individuals here. It's good to see women enthusiasts on here because the cars I see driven by women (and a lot of men as well) here are so mistreated it should be a punishable offense... I love my car because people don't know what to make of a slightly-modded convertible BMW with dark tint and hard rock blaring...and then a muscular guy with a skull t-shirt gets out and it's like, "wha?" Stock BMWs don't get many second glances around here, but ones like mine and many fanatics on here definitely do... All hail the mighty BMW.

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Some girls genuinely appreciate a nice car, and some appreciate the fact that guys care enough to take care of their cars. It does show that you have confidence and good taste which is always attractive. And yes, some girls just look at it as a status symbol. Sad but true.
:werd:

Just like having a great body..some women will appreciate it from a 'shallow' point of view while others will simply appreciate the fact that a guy has motivation/drive to keep himself looking good.

Same goes for a LOT of things. I used to be an insecure f*** about my parents cars a while ago...driving around in my parents luxury cars was slightly 'embarrassing' for lack of a better word. Sure there are people that will like you for your money, but there are just as many women out there who see things with a balanced mindset, can't really paint them all with the same brush.

I know more confident/self-secure females than I do males.....true story.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Most girls are shallow :tsk:, it also depends on where you see/ meet them. and yes girls that are shallow are attracted to guys with BMW even if the guy can't keep an Intellectual conversation. Those are also girls with no interest in life other then shopping, partying, and getting fvcked :thumbsup:

·
Registered
187 Posts
Most girls are shallow :tsk:, it also depends on where you see/ meet them. and yes girls that are shallow are attracted to guys with BMW even if the guy can't keep an Intellectual conversation. Those are also girls with no interest in life other then shopping, partying, and getting fvcked :thumbsup:
Such is the way of our society.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Wait let me get this straight, is $50k-$80k cars considered expensive and luxury cars in the US ? Whats the ball point for a car to be considered luxurious ?

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Wait let me get this straight, is $50k-$80k cars considered expensive and luxury cars in the US ? Whats the ball point for a car to be considered luxurious ?

Its all about the name BMW, Mercedes and to a lesser extent Audi, Lexus, and Infinity are considered Luxury. Its like this in every country. Most people just assume entry level cars are uber expensive.

61 - 80 of 157 Posts