BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 157 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It's funny Ive owned alot of cars in my life but I never had so much attention from girls in my bmw I had a 89 325i and nothing and now its crazy is there a main reason maybe because they think you have money?lol So lets see what you guys have to say....

·
Registered
53 Posts
Response

You are correct on that I have a 2003 BMW 325I Sedan and before that a classic Trans-Am GTA with a mod. Corvette 6 liter engine which was a real chick mobile, but the BMW shows real class in a individual & various females of all kinds are very intriqued by this automobile besides it's good looks.

As long as the car is kept in good condition and a (few) parts stock, alot heads will be turned.

·
Registered
187 Posts
"BMW" = "Book More Women"?

I cannot comment on whether it's the BMW emblem that gets you more attention, but I do know for a fact that right now in the world there are probably not too many women going, "you know what? I hope I meet a nice guy with a sweet Pinto this weekend..."

Here (as in certain areas of Miami I'm sure-aka South Beach) it is not uncommon to have a prospective target ask you what you do for a living and what kind of car you drive before getting said strumpet's name. Go figure.

·
Registered
1,486 Posts
Dude...get 1 thing straight. Owning a BMW is not big deal in the USA, why do you think you may be thought of as 'rich' ? As far as I know there are tonnes of rich people in USA but from what I see in this board people are either 'leasing' or 'financing' these cars. My point is, Im not sure if BMW gets the same prestige status in the US compared with other countries. Even here in Australia, when I drive my e46 that cost me $30,000 I don't feel anything prestige..

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah its true but I'm 21 and just alot of girls act diffrent looking at a light but I love the car I guess maybe they see the bmw emblem and they think oh he must have money lol even though I don't lol

·
Registered
4,763 Posts
yea its a stereotype... im 17 and the funniest experience i had was last week when i was driving down a main road, and girls were GAPING at my car and their heads were like sticking out to their chests out the windows, funniest thing in the world :rofl:

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yeah atleast you guys get me lol but its a nice car you know german cars are the best in my opinion they grab on to the road and are built and tight but to each is own I'm gona try driving more if I can.

·
Registered
206 Posts
I haven't noticed the effect. Maybe it's because I'm an old fart. When I was younger I had a modded Porsche 924 and it definitely had the chick magnet effect.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I had a 1979 320/6 when I met my ex-wife, Maybe I should have had a Mustang. I might not being paying child support and alimony!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 - 20 of 157 Posts