BMW E46 Fanatics Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Bimmerless
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im talking about the Contis, for those unfortunate enough to have them. I have aftermarket 19s now, but I just checked the price for brand new stock tires at Tirerack, and they are only $125, half the price of any other tire, which makes me wanna believe, they were cutting some serious corners. Only reason I care is cuz I was planning on trying to sell the stock tires, and saving the stock rims for track use.

No spare tire, no jack, no lug wrench, and now no real tires. Weak weak weak:mad:

·
Law Enforcer
2,336 Posts
$125.00?? Everywhere I checked I got a price of 287.00 for the rear tires. Why would you say they sucked? And my car came w/ a lug wrench. I'm sure the M3 is not the only car that does not come w/ a spare!

Attachments

·
booo for body roll.
3,406 Posts
ur right. if i recall the m5 and the other m cars don't either. lol

i had to buy ONE conti and it cost my 147+ mounting. for a stock 17" let me post a pic of sumthing..

Attachments

·
Bimmerless
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
M3Inline6 said:
$125.00?? Everywhere I checked I got a price of 287.00 for the rear tires. Why would you say they sucked? And my car came w/ a lug wrench. I'm sure the M3 is not the only car that does not come w/ a spare!
The tires do not hold up in my opinion. They wear out too damn fast. Even all the magazine reviews said the stock Contis were the first thing to go on the car, after like 1 day at the track.

Tirerack for the Contis:

Stock Fronts: $126
Sotck Rears: $159

I hope you didnt pay the $287 each for them. I have only 100 miles on my stock tires, if you want them, make me an offer.

·
Oaf
941 Posts
jun, i have that exact same thing! my fault for running over a curb, but it pisses me off :mad:

also, my contis are looking pretty worn already after 21k miles...

·
Law Enforcer
2,336 Posts
Anthony, naw, I didn't buy them, I was just gauging cost. My car only has 2000 miles on it, so I'm in no need for tires. I'll probably get Nittos my next time around, because they held up really well on my 330ci, though it's still a softer compound.

Attachments

·
Bimmerless
1,845 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
M3Inline6 said:
Anthony, naw, I didn't buy them, I was just gauging cost. My car only has 2000 miles on it, so I'm in no need for tires. I'll probably get Nittos my next time around, because they held up really well on my 330ci, though it's still a softer compound.
I would HIGHLY suggest the Bridgestone S-03s. They have a AA dry surface rating, are pretty quiet, and respond VERY well. Go check out Tire Rack and read about them. They are also cheaper than most of the other major brands.

·
Law Enforcer
2,336 Posts
hmm, I think I'll check them out. I doubt I'll need new tires before I get new rims though.

·
booo for body roll.
3,406 Posts
word. next time around im getting s-03s.. yea i hit something hard in the middle of the road.. but i never knew a tire could split open like that.

·
needs a new sig...
4,602 Posts
I agree the conti's are teriible...SO-2/3's are awsome tires so are the Dunlop SP Sport 9000..those are my 2 tires of choice!

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
I hate Contis!!!

I had the Michelins on my first M3 and was hoping that I would get the same tires on my new M3, but guess what...got the freakin Contis!!!:bawling:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts